The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
All being well yes, I've not booked a ticket as yet, still plenty of space on most showings, but intend to go on Friday after work as I finish at 4 on Fridays. Might be a 3D showing purely as the showing time is more convenient (unless I can get out a bit early!) If not Friday then soon after.

None of my friends are as keen as me and keep saying 'yeah after Christmas or sometime when its quieter' - No, I want to avoid the children when they're off. ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
No, I want to avoid the children when they're off. ;)

My thoughts exactly! :thumb:

We want to see it at the IMAX though, and there are currently very few tickets (certainly no good seats available, and if we're spending £30 to see a film then the seats had better be damn good!).

I also need to re-watch the original films before we go :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'd love to see it in IMAX, but my nearest proper one (70mm) is the BFI, and I frankly CBA to go that far!

Is yours a 70mm IMAX or a IMAX Digital?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Kinda feels like they're going for a Guardians of the Galaxy theme with this trailer! It would come across as far more sombre and dramatic without the upbeat music. Looks good though :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bloody hell the spoiler dodging struggle today is real! :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Bloody hell the spoiler dodging struggle today is real! :eek:

Yeah I've heard there is a lot to watch out for. I'm steering clear of anything that might give away hints! I'll be doing well if I keep this up until January though! Are you still planning on seeing it tomorrow?

Reaction score
Been invited to some promo event tonight to see the new Star Wars film but turned it down.
As I have only seen The Empire Strikes back thought I was not that much of a film buff.

But have turned down free food, drink & a goodie bag, but my mates daughter now thinks her Dad is cool for taking her and also knowing all the right films in the correct order, seems he is ace!!:bow:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard there is a lot to watch out for. I'm steering clear of anything that might give away hints! I'll be doing well if I keep this up until January though! Are you still planning on seeing it tomorrow?
Yeah, Be careful if you use Reddit, some of the subs are better than others at controlling the spoilers, likewise some forums etc are a bit of a nightmare too.

Hell I was playing Battlefront yesterday and had to turn off the in game chat as people were putting spoilers in it! Some people are odd.... :lol:

I am indeed! Planning to duck out of work early and go straight after work, just me myself and I. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Off to see this again tonight! 3D this time. This time I'm going with mates now they've finally made up their minds! :p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Wow, twice in 4 days! That's dedication! :D

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm looking at tickets for the IMAX in Manchester right now...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ha well if they hadn't have faffed about in the first place I wouldn't have to go again! That said, I have no problem seeing it again and am curious what it'll be like in 3D. :)

Ask a Question