    180degrees in excel?

    cheers

    Phil

    Phil Newman, Dec 13, 2006

  2. Phil Newman

    Guest

    Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
    phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
    characters between the words instead of spaces. This works for me (I'm
    using Arial font): Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
    Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol. Scroll down until you see a
    blank square. Click on it to select it. Then click Insert, then
    Close. Then press Enter to exit the edit mode. This should prevent
    the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
    HTH, James
    Phil Newman wrote:
    > anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
    > 180degrees in excel?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Phil

    , Dec 13, 2006

  3. Phil Newman

    Phil Newman Guest

    my phase data is being wrapped over by 180degrees. the data is in a
    column format, and the format of the data has nothing to do with the
    problem. it is a mathematical problem. once the phase data exceeds
    +/-180degrees it "wraps" around to the other polarity, ie, phase that
    goes 178 179 180 -179 -178 instead of 178 179 180 181 182...

    thanks for your suggestion though,

    Phil

    Phil Newman, Dec 13, 2006
  4. Phil,

    Perhaps a formula?

    =IF(A1<0,A1+360,A1)

    copied down to match your data, then do a copy pastespecial values to remove the formulas.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    Bernie Deitrick, Dec 13, 2006
  5. Phil Newman

    Guest

    Phil, Obviously, I misread your post. Oops! James
    Phil Newman wrote:
    > my phase data is being wrapped over by 180degrees. the data is in a
    > column format, and the format of the data has nothing to do with the
    > problem. it is a mathematical problem. once the phase data exceeds
    > +/-180degrees it "wraps" around to the other polarity, ie, phase that
    > goes 178 179 180 -179 -178 instead of 178 179 180 181 182...
    >
    > thanks for your suggestion though,
    >
    > Phil
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Phil, I'm not sure what you mean by 180 degrees, but one way to keep
    > > phrases from being broken by word wrap is to use non-printing
    > > characters between the words instead of spaces. This works for me (I'm
    > > using Arial font): Select one of the spaces you want to replace.
    > > Click Insert on the menubar, then Symbol. Scroll down until you see a
    > > blank square. Click on it to select it. Then click Insert, then
    > > Close. Then press Enter to exit the edit mode. This should prevent
    > > the phrase from breaking where you put the non-printing character.
    > > HTH, James
    > > Phil Newman wrote:
    > > > anyone know of a good method to unwrap phase that is wrapped over
    > > > 180degrees in excel?
    > > >
    > > > cheers
    > > >
    > > > Phil

    , Dec 14, 2006