    I did not write protect the cd file and don't know how it got write protected
    I need to unwrite protect the file. How can I do this.

    Thanks Suzzyq

    Guest, Sep 28, 2005

    Gord Dibben Guest

    suzzy

    First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media
    directly. Just looking for file corruption.

    Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open.

    The read only bit.......

    All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD.

    With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only.

    Copy the file(s) back to HDD then take off the RO attribute.

    If you were to use a packet writing application like Nero InCD, files would
    not be read only and individual files could be erased or written to on the CD
    just like a big floppy disk.

    See this google search thread

    http://snipurl.com/6llq

    Note the link to Alex Nicholl's site.