Uninstall Quick Time no Uninstall Option

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by purplehaz, Jan 13, 2004.

  1. purplehaz

    purplehaz Guest

    I think you need to first reinstall quick time from their website and then
    it should show in add/remove in control panel. You should then be able to
    set tis options to not stay in the task tray, or use msconfig to stop it
    from starting, or uninstall it.

    purplehaz, Jan 13, 2004

  2. purplehaz

    Bill Harvey Guest

    --
    "It's best to know what your looking for before you start"

    E Mail
    Remove spam to mail
    Home Page http://bill_harvey.bei.t-online.de/home page.htm

    Bill Harvey, Jan 13, 2004

  3. purplehaz

    Arn Guest

    "Bill Harvey" <> wrote in message
    > The Quick Time Movie player icon is always present in my task bar I have
    > tried to select preferences to stop it starting when I boot my PC but I
    > cannot access the preferences it won't let me, so I thought I would
    > uninstall it and re install it to correct the problem.
    >
    > The program does not have an uninstall icon anywhere, it does not appear

    in
    > Add/Remove in the control panel.
    >
    > I have looked at programs like Add/Remove plus but they are only good for
    > programs installed after Add/Remove plus has been installed, I need
    > something that will scan my system and look at everything on it and allow

    me
    > to uninstall these stubborn programs.
    >
    > Hope someone can help

    Wipe the disk and install Fedora with Xwindows 11:

    http://fedora.redhat.com/

    8^)

    Alternatively, right click on the system tray Quick Time icon and select
    "Browser Plug-in" from th epull-down menu.

    (Or see Quick Time Settings in Control Pannel)

    Uncheck "System tray icon," and the system tray icon disappears. (I just did
    this and it worked both ways. Check it again and it is restored to the
    tray.)

    Please let me know if this helps.

    Arn, Jan 13, 2004