    application.

    Thanks.
    Andrew

    Andrew, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Greetings Andrew,

    I assume you just mean the audio component within Messenger itself? Just to clarify, besides
    a 'Start Netmeeting' option you can get to appear within Windows Messenger, Messenger has
    nothing to do with Netmeeting.

    Both 5.0 and 4.7 use the same audio engine, so I'm unsure why you would be seeing this (or
    even where you found going back to 4.7 as a solution). However, if you really want to try
    this, click Start, then Run, type (or copy/paste) the following:
    msiexec.exe /x {ABEB838C-A1A7-4C5D-B7E1-8B4314B10138}
    and then click OK.

    Then, you can reinstall Windows Messenger 4.7 from here:
    http://g.msn.com/5meen_us/121?plcid=0409
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Oct 24, 2003

  3. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    The audio stream is missing on both Messenger and
    NetMeeting. I've been concentrating more on NetMeeting
    and will probably rely on it more for business
    applications. Thus, would appreciate any insight into
    resolving the audio issue. I'm running Win XP Pro on
    laptop and using an integrated minipci to connect to the
    DLINK router (714P+) to share the Internet connection.
    Many Thanks!

    Andrew, Oct 24, 2003
  4. Andrew

    camshaft Guest

    Just reinstall 4.7 (mmsetup.exe) & it will ask to remove v 5.0, then
    automatically reinstall 4.7.

    4.7 is available for download on the Microsoft Downloads page.

    camshaft, Oct 28, 2003