    RobertL Guest

    I just upgraded to Excel 2007. I can see underlining on my screen and it
    appears in Print Preview, but it doesn't print out on hard copy. What gives?

    RobertL, Jan 13, 2009

  2. I am currently also having the same problem... Do you have macros in this
    sheet?

    My basic problem was a "minus sign" was printing that was not show on the
    screen or print preview (should not have been there) but would print. Made a
    new page from scratch and the minus sign is gone/does not print, but now the
    underlining does not print. The underlines printed fine until I re added the
    macros/checkboxes to the sheet (which have nothing to do with underlining,
    just use one to add asterisks by using the cell reference (True/False) and
    the other to change column widths (to hide columns upon checked box)).

    Ben Langhammer, Jan 29, 2009
  3. Isn't that just awesome... Saved, closed and reopened the document and
    looks like my problem is fixed, it now prints the underlines and I have no
    minus sign either. Maybe give that a try?

    Ben Langhammer, Jan 29, 2009
  4. RobertL

    Cathy Guest

    We are having same problem. Simple underline of words shows in print preview
    but not on paper. Can select just a portion of the page, print selection &
    it will print. If manually select whole print area, underlines do not print.
    Have opened & closed the files numerous times. Any ideas?
    --
    Cathy

    Cathy, Mar 25, 2009
  5. RobertL

    Lee Gardner Guest

    Same issue here. Can see the underlines on the screen and on print preview,
    but nothing on the printed document. Tried several printers (all HP), but
    same result.
    Any help would be appreciated.

    Lee Gardner

    Lee Gardner, Apr 9, 2009
  6. Excel to Word - Underlines

    We are having the same problem as you. Print preview shows all the underlines but when I print, only a select few are printing.

    I saw you had the same problem in March. Were you able to fix it?

    Cath wrote:

    We are having same problem.
    24-Mar-09

    We are having same problem. Simple underline of words shows in print preview
    but not on paper. Can select just a portion of the page, print selection &
    it will print. If manually select whole print area, underlines do not print.
    Have opened & closed the files numerous times. Any ideas
    --
    Cath

    "Ben Langhammer" wrote:

    On Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:19 PM
    Robert wrote:

    Underlining does not print out
    I just upgraded to Excel 2007. I can see underlining on my screen and i
    appears in Print Preview, but it does not print out on hard copy. What gives?

    On Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:02 PM
    BenLanghamme wrote:

    I am currently also having the same problem...
    I am currently also having the same problem... Do you have macros in this
    sheet?

    My basic problem was a "minus sign" was printing that was not show on the
    screen or print preview (should not have been there) but would print. Made a
    new page from scratch and the minus sign is gone/does not print, but now the
    underlining does not print. The underlines printed fine until I re added the
    macros/checkboxes to the sheet (which have nothing to do with underlining,
    just use one to add asterisks by using the cell reference (True/False) and
    the other to change column widths (to hide columns upon checked box)).

    On Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:16 PM
    BenLanghamme wrote:

    Isn't that just awesome...
    Isn't that just awesome... Saved, closed and reopened the document an
    looks like my problem is fixed, it now prints the underlines and I have n
    minus sign either. Maybe give that a try?

    On Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:15 PM
    Cath wrote:

    We are having same problem.
    We are having same problem. Simple underline of words shows in print preview
    but not on paper. Can select just a portion of the page, print selection &
    it will print. If manually select whole print area, underlines do not print.
    Have opened & closed the files numerous times. Any ideas
    --
    Cath

    "Ben Langhammer" wrote:

    On Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:30 PM
    LeeGardne wrote:

    Same issue here.
    Same issue here. Can see the underlines on the screen and on print preview,
    but nothing on the printed document. Tried several printers (all HP), but
    same result
    Any help would be appreciated

    Lee Gardne

    "Cathy" wrote: