Unable to play game Prince of Persia...Sands of time..

Anil

Hello ! Everyone
Can anybody help me to solve my burning problem of my PC to play the game
Prince of Persia-Sands of time.
My son is very anxious to play the game but I can not make him happy.
My problem is:
Last week I purchased PC Game Prince of Persia-Sands of Time for my son.This
game is not starting and getting the following error messages:
-NVidia GeForce4MX440 with AGP8X is not supported
-Video Card does not support some required features(MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4)
-Video card Pixel shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements
-Video Card vertex shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements.
I have purchased new P4,2.4MHz with 512 RAM and NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with
AGP 8X display card.My OS is WinXP-Home.
Drivers for Video Card installed are:
Main: nv4_disp_.dll ver. 6.1410.4467
Mini.VDD:nv4_mini.sys
When he start the game to play, the game terminates unexpectedly and does
not start.
Could you solve my problem and what could be the reasons?Is there any
solution for the game to play with my existing video card?
I was trying to solve my PC problem which bothers me for long
time and I thought it may be due to virus.But it seems that the problem
could be with WinXP-Home OS and some of driver conflicts.
Could you advise me for the following question?
My PC hangs up after some time.There is no specific time when will it stop
responding.I have to restart several times to finish my long work which may
create another problems.
I asked my vendor and he says there may be s/w conflicts.I tried by
uninstalling the last couple of applications but still the problem could not
be solved.
Plus, when my son plays games the same things happen.
I checked System Device and found that everything seems Good.No Conflicts or
so.
I also reformatted the disc and reinstalled XP.
So could you please help me to sort out this burning issue.My son is anxious
to play games and I am not in position to make him happy.
Thanking You.
ANIL

Jimmy S.

Hi Anil,

The MX card is not powerful enough to handle the requirements
of that game, sorry. The error message is specifically written for
owners of the MX card so they don't waste their time trying to
update drivers, or format their drives in the hope that it's a soft-
ware issue. I'm sorry Anil, but the solution to this issue would be
to update to at least a GeForce4 Ti4200 64 MB video card.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hello ! Everyone
| Can anybody help me to solve my burning problem of my PC to play the game
| Prince of Persia-Sands of time.
| My son is very anxious to play the game but I can not make him happy.
| My problem is:
| Last week I purchased PC Game Prince of Persia-Sands of Time for my son.This
| game is not starting and getting the following error messages:
| -NVidia GeForce4MX440 with AGP8X is not supported
| -Video Card does not support some required features(MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4)
| -Video card Pixel shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements
| -Video Card vertex shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements.
| I have purchased new P4,2.4MHz with 512 RAM and NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with
| AGP 8X display card.My OS is WinXP-Home.
| Drivers for Video Card installed are:
| Main: nv4_disp_.dll ver. 6.1410.4467
| Mini.VDD:nv4_mini.sys
| When he start the game to play, the game terminates unexpectedly and does
| not start.
| Could you solve my problem and what could be the reasons?Is there any
| solution for the game to play with my existing video card?
| I was trying to solve my PC problem which bothers me for long
| time and I thought it may be due to virus.But it seems that the problem
| could be with WinXP-Home OS and some of driver conflicts.
| Could you advise me for the following question?
| My PC hangs up after some time.There is no specific time when will it stop
| responding.I have to restart several times to finish my long work which may
| create another problems.
| I asked my vendor and he says there may be s/w conflicts.I tried by
| uninstalling the last couple of applications but still the problem could not
| be solved.
| Plus, when my son plays games the same things happen.
| I checked System Device and found that everything seems Good.No Conflicts or
| so.
| I also reformatted the disc and reinstalled XP.
| So could you please help me to sort out this burning issue.My son is anxious
| to play games and I am not in position to make him happy.
| Thanking You.
| ANIL

Nick Kritselis [MS]

Anil,

Looking through the Prince of Persia - Sands of Time website, it
specifically lists the GeForce4 MX as an unsupported chipset, so there may
not be anything you can do to resolve this issue short of replacing the
video card with a model supported by the game.

That being said, here are several suggestions that you can try before giving
up completely and spending more money, but I can't guarantee any of these
will resolve your problem:

1) Update to the latest display drivers from www.nvidia.com. Your drivers
are version 6.1410.4467, the latest are version 6.14.10.5303.
2) Make sure you have all available updates from
http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, including the Windows XP Service Pack 1
and DirectX 9.0b.
3) Check for a patch from www.ubisoft.com for the game.

If none of these options resolve your problem, my best advice would be to
replace your video chipset with one supported by the game.

Hope this helps.

Anil

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
I updated the driver for my Video Card to Version 6.14.0010.5216 dated
10/06/03
But still the game is not working.So only option left is to change my card.
Is it possible that due to this drivers conflict my PC hangs/freezes after
sometime?
It seems that my card is not good enough for WinXP.
Anyway,pl suggest me any web sites or way to sort out my problem.
Thank You.
ANIL

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Anil,

The MX card is not powerful enough to handle the requirements
of that game, sorry. The error message is specifically written for
owners of the MX card so they don't waste their time trying to
update drivers, or format their drives in the hope that it's a soft-
ware issue. I'm sorry Anil, but the solution to this issue would be
to update to at least a GeForce4 Ti4200 64 MB video card.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| Hello ! Everyone
| Can anybody help me to solve my burning problem of my PC to play the game
| Prince of Persia-Sands of time.
| My son is very anxious to play the game but I can not make him happy.
| My problem is:
| Last week I purchased PC Game Prince of Persia-Sands of Time for my son.This
| game is not starting and getting the following error messages:
| -NVidia GeForce4MX440 with AGP8X is not supported
| -Video Card does not support some required features(MIN_SIMULTANEOUS_TEX_4)
| -Video card Pixel shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements
| -Video Card vertex shader version<0000> is below minimum requirements.
| I have purchased new P4,2.4MHz with 512 RAM and NVidia GeForce4 MX 440 with
| AGP 8X display card.My OS is WinXP-Home.
| Drivers for Video Card installed are:
| Main: nv4_disp_.dll ver. 6.1410.4467
| Mini.VDD:nv4_mini.sys
| When he start the game to play, the game terminates unexpectedly and does
| not start.
| Could you solve my problem and what could be the reasons?Is there any
| solution for the game to play with my existing video card?
| I was trying to solve my PC problem which bothers me for long
| time and I thought it may be due to virus.But it seems that the problem
| could be with WinXP-Home OS and some of driver conflicts.
| Could you advise me for the following question?
| My PC hangs up after some time.There is no specific time when will it stop
| responding.I have to restart several times to finish my long work which may
| create another problems.
| I asked my vendor and he says there may be s/w conflicts.I tried by
| uninstalling the last couple of applications but still the problem could not
| be solved.
| Plus, when my son plays games the same things happen.
| I checked System Device and found that everything seems Good.No Conflicts or
| so.
| I also reformatted the disc and reinstalled XP.
| So could you please help me to sort out this burning issue.My son is anxious
| to play games and I am not in position to make him happy.
| Thanking You.
| ANIL

Jimmy S.

Hi Anil,
I've replied in line. Thanks for posting. :)

Cheers,
Jimmy.

> [...]
| > | My PC hangs up after some time.There is no specific time when will it
| stop
| > | responding.I have to restart several times to finish my long work which
| may
| > | create another problems.
| > | I asked my vendor and he says there may be s/w conflicts.I tried by
| > | uninstalling the last couple of applications but still the problem could
| not
| > | be solved.
| > | Plus, when my son plays games the same things happen.
| > | I checked System Device and found that everything seems Good.No
| Conflicts or
| > | so.
| > | I also reformatted the disc and reinstalled XP.
| > | So could you please help me to sort out this burning issue.My son is
| anxious
| > | to play games and I am not in position to make him happy.
| > |
| > |

Jimmy S.

Let's try that again...
| Hello,
| Thanks for the reply.
| I updated the driver for my Video Card to Version 6.14.0010.5216 dated
| 10/06/03
| But still the game is not working.So only option left is to change my card.

Exactly. That was the main point of my previous post.

| Is it possible that due to this drivers conflict my PC hangs/freezes after
| sometime?
| It seems that my card is not good enough for WinXP.

That could be caused by many factors not necessarily related to your Video card.
Your card is good enough for Windows XP. It's just not the best card for gaming.

| Anyway,pl suggest me any web sites or way to sort out my problem.

The problem is that Prince of Persia specifically states that it won't work with the
type of video card you have. Try upgrading to a Ti4200 as I suggested Anil. :)

> [...]
| > | My PC hangs up after some time.There is no specific time when will it
| stop
| > | responding.I have to restart several times to finish my long work which
| may
| > | create another problems.
| > | I asked my vendor and he says there may be s/w conflicts.I tried by
| > | uninstalling the last couple of applications but still the problem could
| not
| > | be solved.
| > | Plus, when my son plays games the same things happen.
| > | I checked System Device and found that everything seems Good.No
| Conflicts or
| > | so.
| > | I also reformatted the disc and reinstalled XP.
| > | So could you please help me to sort out this burning issue.My son is
| anxious
| > | to play games and I am not in position to make him happy.
| > |
| > |

Bert Heijligen

Basicly, the gforce4MX is a card that uses only directX7, the older
cards Gforce3 ti200 and ti500 handle Directx8 and further.
Even if you install directX9 (current version, POP tech
requierements)it wont work.
Thats the problem, technically speaking your MX440 should be able to
play the game (lowest settings) but directX is the problem.
NEVER buy a Geforce4MX card for games. It's a lowbudget device, U
better spent your money on a Gforce 3 TI (they are cheap now), but in
a P4 2,8 go for the Gforce4 TI4200 or higher.

Bert

jonathan

I don't understand. You mean geforce 4 mx is worse than geforce 4?

The seller says that the mx technology is the most advance one.

jonathan

I don't understand. You mean geforce 4 mx is worse than geforce 4?

The seller says that the mx technology is the most advance one.

Jimmy S.

Jonathan, what Bert told you is absolutely correct.
Follow his advice, you won't regret it. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| I don't understand. You mean geforce 4 mx is worse than geforce 4?
|
| The seller says that the mx technology is the most advance one.
|
| (e-mail address removed) (Bert Heijligen) wrote in message | > Basicly, the gforce4MX is a card that uses only directX7, the older
| > cards Gforce3 ti200 and ti500 handle Directx8 and further.
| > Even if you install directX9 (current version, POP tech
| > requierements)it wont work.
| > Thats the problem, technically speaking your MX440 should be able to
| > play the game (lowest settings) but directX is the problem.
| > NEVER buy a Geforce4MX card for games. It's a lowbudget device, U
| > better spent your money on a Gforce 3 TI (they are cheap now), but in
| > a P4 2,8 go for the Gforce4 TI4200 or higher.
| >
| > Bert

Ian Roe

Prince Of Persia can be run on a MX440 using a program called
3DAnalyse, which forces the CPU to emulate the directx8 features on
the card that aren't supported. However, as the CPU is emulating the
tasks, the framerate (at least on my AthlonXP 1600+) is too low to
make the game any fun. My advice is to either take the game back to
the shop or upgrade the video card.

Btw, IMHO the MX440 is a great card for the price, and plenty powerful
enough for current games, as long as the settings are in the
low/medium range, with no AA. The reason POP doesn't work is simply
that the card does not support certain dx8 features. TomsHardware
still rates it as the best value card in terms of FPS per dollar. I'm
'side-grading' to a Geforce FX 5200 128mb, which is, according to many
reports, a slower card than the MX440, but which will run POP (and
Deus Ex 2 for that matter).

Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
The game runs perfectly on intel processor pc's using 3d analyser.
Do the following instructions and get rid of it.
(1)Open 3d Analyser.
(2)Select POP in 3d analyser.
(3)Then under 'Hardware Limits(cap bits)' section select all options.
(4)Now under 'Pixel and vertex shader' section select:
force max. pixel shader 1.4
skip pixel shader version 2.0
force low precision pixel shader
(5)Use graphic card Vender ID 4098 and Device ID 20040.
(6)Now press 'RUN' tab in 3d analyser.
(7)Start game not on safe mode.
(8)In game option set fog off.
Now your game will run perfectly on pc but remember that you choose POP.EXE in 3d Analyser not PrinceOfPersia.EXE.