Windows Vista Unable to load web pages

Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is an easy fix - I am a computer numpty!

I have a toshiba portege laptop that runs Windows Vista. I use IE as my browser. Last week, without any warning, IE starting loading certain webpages very very slowly. Quite often they don't load at all and I have to shutdown the browser.

The webpages I seem to struggle with are stuff like Yahoo mail, BBC news, etc, that are quite graphic heavy. I use a couple of simple webpages for work and these load fine as usual.

For info I use Avira and Superantispyware.

Any helpful hints??!!

Lucy S

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Have you checked for any sort of malware ? It could quite possibly be that. When last did your computer have a good clean out ?
Try running something like Ccleaner to get rid of any old browsing history etc, which might be the cause of your browsing slowing down.

Reaction score
Hi Evan,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have ran Ccleaner and also scanned it completely. I have reset IE as well. None of these seem to have solved it:(. Any other ideas??

Lucy S

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Any other ideas??

Open a CMD prompt by typing CMD into "Run " on Vista. Once you have CMD open type " ipconfig /flhusdns " without quotations and hit enter and see if that makes a difference.

Also you can try a hard reset on your router.

Finally try using a different browser. Google and Firefox are pretty good.

Reaction score
Success! I've downloaded Google chrome and everything is now superquick!

It was obviously problem with IE (which has been annoying me for various reasons for a while)

Thankyou so much for your advice.

Lucy S

Ask a Question