    anybody know how I can resolve this so that I may successfully install the
    IPv6 protocol ?

    Thanks in advance, Mack.

    Mack, Dec 19, 2007

  2. Mack

    Don Guest

    I have the same problem. Hope someone will be able to help.

    Thanks
    Don

    Don, Dec 23, 2007

  3. Mack

    smiler Guest

    I have the same problem...no fix so far.

    smiler, Jan 5, 2008
  4. Mack

    Guest

    On 5 Jan, 17:47, smiler <> wrote:
    > I have the same problem...no fix so far.
    >
    > "Mack" wrote:
    > > Whenever I attempt to install the install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    > > on WinXP Home SP2 either via the shell command "netsh interface ipv6 install"
    > > or via LAN Properties>Install>Protocol>Add I receive the error "Could not add
    > > the requested component. The error is: An extended error has occurred." Does
    > > anybody know how I can resolve this so that I may successfully install the
    > > IPv6 protocol ?

    > > Thanks in advance, Mack.

    Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.

    Hope it will help someone,
    Anders

    , Jan 7, 2008
  5. Mack

    Brian Guest

    That worked great... Thanks

    Brian, Mar 14, 2008
  6. Mack

    ShayaKNYC Guest

    > Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    > by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    > esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    > After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.
    >
    > Hope it will help someone,
    > Anders

    That's brilliant! It totally worked. I don't know all that much about the
    "guts" of MS but could you explain exactly what that command-line program is
    and what it is that it did that allowed my winxp home sp2 to install ipv6?

    ShayaKNYC, Apr 2, 2008
  7. Mack

    Zoran Guest

    "ShayaKNYC" wrote:

    > > Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    > > by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    > > esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    > > After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.
    > >
    > > Hope it will help someone,
    > > Anders

    I have a SP3 and command worked just fine, thanx ANDERS

    Zoran, Oct 15, 2008
  8. Mack

    Travis Guest

    Unable To Install Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Networking & TCP/IP Versi

    This worked like a charm for me, too!
    Anders, you're a Scandinavian genius!
    Now why hasn't Microsoft put something like this in their Knowledge Base?
    I've been looking high & low for 3 days trying to track this down; thank God
    I just happened to notice that I couldn't install TCP/IP 6 as well, but my
    main concern was the Peer-to-Peer component in Windows Networking.
    Many, many thanks!

    Travis, Nov 19, 2009
  9. Re: Unable To Install Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Networking & TCP/IP Versi

    Hi
    XP was released in 2001, At the time IPv6 was not a part of any mainstream
    system.
    E.g. Can you easily install new electronics gadgetry on a Car circa 2001.
    Yes, if you are an avid self doer. No if you just go to the Dealer.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Nov 19, 2009
  10. Mack

    Bruce Gavin Guest

    Also worked for XP/SP3

    Thanks for the great tip.

    I was reinstalling a broken IP stack as per TID 325356 and it failed with "an extended error has occurred."

    Running Ander's command line did the trick.
    Another entry added to my bag of tricks... many thanks.

    anders.tornkvis wrote:

    Re: Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    08-Jan-08

    On 5 Jan, 17:47, smiler <> wrote:

    Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.

    Hope it will help someone,
    Anders

    On Wednesday, December 19, 2007 3:04 AM
    Mac wrote:

    Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    Whenever I attempt to install the install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    on WinXP Home SP2 either via the shell command "netsh interface ipv6 install"
    or via LAN Properties>Install>Protocol>Add I receive the error "Could not add
    the requested component. The error is: An extended error has occurred." Does
    anybody know how I can resolve this so that I may successfully install the
    IPv6 protocol ?

    Thanks in advance, Mack.

    On Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:39 AM
    Do wrote:

    I have the same problem. Hope someone will be able to help.ThanksDon
    I have the same problem. Hope someone will be able to help.

    Thanks
    Don

    On Saturday, January 05, 2008 11:47 AM
    smile wrote:

    RE: Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    I have the same problem...no fix so far.

    "Mack" wrote:

    On 5 Jan, 17:47, smiler <> wrote:

    Hi, I had the same problem. I'm running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.

    Hope it will help someone,
    Anders

    On Friday, March 14, 2008 6:21 PM
    Bria wrote:

    Re: Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    That worked great... Thanks

    On Wednesday, April 02, 2008 2:43 AM
    ShayaKNY wrote:

    That's brilliant!
    That's brilliant! It totally worked. I don't know all that much about the
    "guts" of MS but could you explain exactly what that command-line program is
    and what it is that it did that allowed my winxp home sp2 to install ipv6?

    "ShayaKNYC" wrote:

    I have a SP3 and command worked just fine, thanx ANDERS

    On Friday, March 20, 2009 1:13 PM
    murdok_w7 wrote:

    Re: Unable to install Microsoft TCP/IP Version 6 protocol
    WELL AFTER A YEAR IT STILL HELPS, THANKS A BUNCH ANDERS

    On Thursday, November 19, 2009 7:48 AM
    Travis wrote:

    Unable To Install Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Networking & TCP/IP Versi
    This worked like a charm for me, too!
    Anders, you are a Scandinavian genius!
    Now why has not Microsoft put something like this in their Knowledge Base?
    I have been looking high & low for 3 days trying to track this down; thank God
    I just happened to notice that I could not install TCP/IP 6 as well, but my
    main concern was the Peer-to-Peer component in Windows Networking.
    Many, many thanks!

    Hi, I had the same problem. I am running Win XP (Pro) SP2. I fixed it
    by enter the following command in the command prompt:
    esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb
    After that, installation of TCP/IP Version 6 worked fine.
    Hope it will help someone,
    Anders

    On Thursday, November 19, 2009 12:34 PM
    Jack [MVP-Networking] wrote:

    HiXP was released in 2001, At the time IPv6 was not a part of any
    Hi
    XP was released in 2001, At the time IPv6 was not a part of any mainstream
    system.
    E.g. Can you easily install new electronics gadgetry on a Car circa 2001.
    Yes, if you are an avid self doer. No if you just go to the Dealer.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    C# Multipart MIME Encoding Library using CDO
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a3-c383a737d43f/c-multipart-mime-encodin.aspx

    Bruce Gavin, Nov 28, 2009
  11. Mack

    WesleyTech Guest

    Thank you Anders!

    WesleyTech, May 31, 2010
  12. Re: Unable To Install Microsoft Peer-to-Peer Networking & TCP/IP Versi

    Hi, where and how do I add the command prompt?

    Thank you

    Robert v vuuren, Feb 24, 2011