unable to create outlook profile for non-administrator account

Reaction score
I have recently installed office 2000 on Windows 2000 machine.
I have created a administrator account.
This is for a corporate firm. When a user logs on that is on the network which i have not set up with a account, as any user that logs on will be automatically created with documents & settings folder as long as they are on the network to enable them to log on.
The problem is when i attempt to allow the user to access microsoft outlook 2000 ( to create a new profile for the user) it displays the message the the user does not have administrative privileges to create a outlook profile.
i do not want to give the account administrator rights for security reasons just allow the user to add a profile in order to access outlook.
Is there possible solution for the user to add a outlook profile without giving them administrator rights?

Reaction score
there definetly is a way around this, because when i was at school i remember i used to be able to access outlook propelrly without adminstrator privelages

but how to do it? i suppose we will have to leave this question to the professionals.....................

Reaction score
you can set this up, although is it not an idea to give the administrator access to all?

Reaction score
I do not want to give the user administrative rights just to add outlook profile so the user is able to access ms outlook.

Reaction score
i do not want to give the user administrative rights to the outlook folder. Normally there is no need to give the user administrative rights just to create a outlook profile.
There must be something wrong !!!

Ask a Question