Windows XP Unable To Connect Odd Problem Anyone Know Why???

Reaction score
Okay my problem starts only in one section of the office. its 4 workstations that are effected. they are using windows xp. on their local machines they have 5 or 6 printers automatically mapped. the printers will work for about an hour or so and then they will begin getting this error

err.jpg

they are connected on a print server and they can print throu an RDP session so i thought it would be the switch but its not so then i found something that told me to change the autodisconnect feature in the registry to fffffff. but no dice so now im lost and i got people constinatly asking me a question i have no solution. All input and help is greatly appriciated thank you all

Reaction score
yes, whats weird is they can print for an hour or so but then when you try to print it shows that error and then the printers say their unable to connect.

thanx

Reaction score
Have you reinstalled all the drivers whilst online? Oh and delete your other posts or a mod will?

Reaction score
well the drivers work on all the machines except for those ones and i tried to delete it but it wont let me

Reaction score
spec

5 windows xp labtops that are connected throu a switch that is connected onto the backbone switch which is connected to the other servers including the print server. the problem is unique only to these users i was thinking it was a connection issue but how could they connect if it was its timing out somewhere or lossing a connection?? (print server is windows 200 server)

Reaction score
tonyc994 said:
5 windows xp labtops that are connected throu a switch that is connected onto the backbone switch which is connected to the other servers including the print server. the problem is unique only to these users i was thinking it was a connection issue but how could they connect if it was its timing out somewhere or lossing a connection?? (print server is windows 200 server)

Without the full spec of your equipment it is hard to establish the cause of the problem? therefor you have to start a diagnostic of each component, it does however appear to be timing out, and that forces the question of your ISP contract and such, have you a virus, the list is endless it is a matter of trial and errror, disconnect each PC one at a time to see if one is interfering with the set-up?

Ask a Question