Un-install software - help required

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member here, wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I'm not very technical, so please be gentle!
To begin with, I have Windows XP SP2
I have a Panasonic camcorder with a software package called VideoCam Suite 1.0, which I installed with no problem on my pc about 8 months ago. Within the last few weeks, because of an unrelated issue, I had to do a partial system re-boot, with the consequence that I have had to re-load all of the software onto the pc. Everything worked fine except for the VideoCam Suite 1.0 which, when I try to re-load, always comes up with a msg saying 'Please restart your pc to complete the uninstallation'. I have done this numerous times, but I always get the same msg.
With my limited knowledge I have done a search on the 'Install/remove programs', and the software does not appear, I have done a search in files and folders for references to Panasonic and VideoCam and deleted all references, and finally did a regedit search and deleted those that looked relevant (too scared to delete everything that came up if it didn't look related to the problem)
Having done a bit of research on the internet, it seems I'm not the only one with this exact problem, and there are numerous other issues from other people with this software.
Sorry it's a bit long winded, but any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers
pipster

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could try CC Cleaner to get rid of anything you missed. Thats all I can offer I'm afraid.

happywave.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Another one to think about is Unlocker which you can download from File Hippo (a very reliable freebie site). It's helped me in the past to uninstall things I couldn't remove but I have to say that there have been times when it has failed.

Worth a try at:-

http://www.filehippo.com/download_unlocker/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Abarbarian and nivrip - thank you both, I can go to bed a happy man. Uninstalled and re-installed at last. The appdeploy link that abarbarian provided did the trick. Thanks again.

Ask a Question