Umax AstraSlim Review @ PCReview

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have completed the review of the Umax AstraScan slimline scanner - only 34mm thick!

"Umax have designed what can arguably be one of the thinnest scanners on the market today, only 34mm thick! What is surprising about this scanner is that it is one of the cheapest A4 scanners available, and it is totally USB powered - which is a very uncommon occurrence."

<center>
attachment.php
</center>

Check out the review here

Reaction score
But where?

Great review! But.....(you knew this was coming!) :D
How much is it and where can I get one? I went to Pricewatch, Pricegrabber, Newegg, Compgeeks, and even the Umax site with no mention of this scanner anywhere! I was especially surprized @ the Umax site.
It sounds like a great product though.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi C_H_A,

I know the scanner is available in the UK and the rest of Europe, but I am not sure about the USA. http://www.dabs.com sell it here in the UK, and they ship internationally (I think), if you are really interested in it.

Umax.com is down for me at the moment, but when it is back up, I'll check it out and see if I can find any more info for you :)

Reaction score
Hey thanks Ian. I think that it may not be worth the shipping but that scanner looks pretty nice!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just received a reply from Umax now, and unfortunatly it is a European product only :(

Unfortunately your assumption is correct. The unit is only sold in europe and will not be available in the states at all

Ask a Question