Ultimate system page

Reaction score
Just wanted to say what a superbly designed web site this is...I especially like the review categories...

Oh, and here's a suggestion:
What about a page devoted to listing all the essential components for the 'ultimate' pc, based on general comments/views from registered members. The page would reflect the best of the best in terms of each of most of the review categories, all put together to demonstrate what works best as a full system at the top end of the spectrum.

Perhaps more than one spec could develop:
Best performance system
Best value for money system
best budget system...etc

The page would essentially aim to priovide one answer to the eternal question: 'I'm thinking of building my own pc...what components do you recommend?'

Obviously the page(s) would be dynamic, reflecting the constantly changing technology, but (perhaps more importantly) reflecting a constant poll of the site members...Updating on a monthly basis?

Even if it caught on, and ended up being 'influenced' by commercial vested interests wanting to push their own products, the forums would have another source of controversy to vent their spleens on!

Anyway, just an idea ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm! A very interesting idea indeed :D

What do other people think about this, as if more people want it, I will go ahead and create the page. I don't *think* it will be to hard to program to be dynamic (famous last words!!!) ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I personally like the three tier system ...

Best performance system
Best value for money system
best budget system...etc

... with an added section...
"over the top" (money is no object :brow: )

... and "where to buy all this kit in the UK". 8)

Yep, it’s a good idea. :D

Reaction score
I like the 'over the top' addition...it could reflect where things are going, say over the next 12-18 months...next year's system today.

Oh, and i've just had another idea for the web site...check out my 'Newbie Tech Guide' page thread!!!

Ask a Question