Ubuntu free CDs

Reaction score
Ordered my Ubuntu CDs last week. I'm in the UK. The website says delivery in 4-6 weeks but the info on there seems quite old. Is there anyone here who has ordered the free Ubuntu CDs fairly recently and how long did it take between request and delivery.

Thanks

Kewa

Reaction score
The first Ubuntu release took six weeks for my friends in the UK, about the same for the US and eight weeks for Australia and NZ so you might have to be patient for a bit longer.

Reaction score
I did but...

I ordered mine about a year and a half ago...

heard nothing of it since, but every so often, i get updates as far as ubuntu versions

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I must have a very very slow broadband connection then as it took me longer than an hour to download Ubuntu and Mandriva. Mind you I did use the torrent download.

laughingsmiley.gif

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Takes about three quarters of an hour with my humble two-meg connection. (HTTP or FTP... no torrents if I can avoid 'em.)

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Urmas said:
Takes about three quarters of an hour with my humble two-meg connection. (HTTP or FTP... no torrents if I can avoid 'em.)

happywave.gif

You obviously have a decent broadband system in Finland unlike our crappy broadband system over here.

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Most Linux distros take me about 60 - 90 minutes to download.

I'm using Zen as an ISP, can't actually remember d/l speed but I have basic package. Possibly up to 8Mb.

Ordering Linux discs is obviously not a good option.

Download it.

Reaction score
Ubuntu

i did end up downloading it at a local cafe'. since they have wireless broadband for customers, it only took about 20 min.

i just ordered a new disc from the ubuntu site, so i figure it should get here early this spring.

Ask a Question