Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?

Discussion in 'Anti-Virus' started by boywonder, Sep 5, 2005.

  1. boywonder

    boywonder Guest

    Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?
    XP home system w 2.5 ghz cpu, 256MB ram.
    Norton Internet Security version , don't know, recent about 6 mos old.

    Whe right clicking on each systray icon, one sees:

    the one on the right says:
    open Norton Internet Security
    disable " " "
    block traffic
    log off
    disable antivirus auto-protect
    options > internet security
    > anti-virus
    > anti-spam

    The one on the left says:
    Open
    run as.....
    scan with Norton anti-virus
    send to >
    cut
    copy
    create shortcut
    delete
    rename
    properties

    One is obviously NIS, other NAV.
    Anyone used to seeing this? Is it normal to have both? She doesn't know if
    both were always visible or not, should either be closed? It seems that only
    one was visible originally.
    --
    Tommy
    my personal webpages w/pc help :

    boywonder, Sep 5, 2005

  2. boywonder

    DanR Guest

    boywonder wrote:
    > Two Norton Internet Security Icons in systray, what gives?
    > XP home system w 2.5 ghz cpu, 256MB ram.
    > Norton Internet Security version , don't know, recent about 6 mos old.
    >
    > Whe right clicking on each systray icon, one sees:
    >
    > the one on the right says:
    > open Norton Internet Security
    > disable " " "
    > block traffic
    > log off
    > disable antivirus auto-protect
    > options > internet security
    > > anti-virus
    > > anti-spam

    > The one on the left says:
    > Open
    > run as.....
    > scan with Norton anti-virus
    > send to >
    > cut
    > copy
    > create shortcut
    > delete
    > rename
    > properties
    >
    > One is obviously NIS, other NAV.
    > Anyone used to seeing this? Is it normal to have both? She doesn't know if
    > both were always visible or not, should either be closed? It seems that only
    > one was visible originally.

    There is an option to group the Norton tray icons. I think it's in the program
    settings... look around. When they are grouped and you mouse over the icon...
    you then see the others.

    DanR, Sep 6, 2005