    How do I turn it off and stop the extra effort?

    Thanks,

    Craig

    Craig Stone, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Craig Stone

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Try this:

    From Start>Run type in

    control userpasswords2

    then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
    delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
    account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
    and then reboot your system.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Will Denny, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Craig Stone

    Fred Guest

    Hi,

    I want to eliminate the welcome screen during boot-up. Will the steps below
    in the reply do this?

    Thanks,

    Fred
    (to send email, get the lead out)

    Fred, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Craig Stone

    Will Denny Guest

    Hi

    Yes they will.

    --

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    |
    | I want to eliminate the welcome screen during boot-up. Will the steps
    below
    | in the reply do this?
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Fred
    | (to send email, get the lead out)
    | "Will Denny" <> wrote in message
    | > Hi
    | >
    | > Try this:
    | >
    | > From Start>Run type in
    | >
    | > control userpasswords2
    | >
    | > then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
    | > computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log
    | On' -
    | > delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
    | > account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way
    out
    | > and then reboot your system.
    | >
    | > --
    | >
    | > Will Denny
    | > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    | > Please reply to the News Groups
    | >

    | > "Craig Stone" <> wrote in message
    | > | When I setup my new computer I apparently put my name, wife and son's
    | name
    | > | as users. Now I get user login screen when I boot up. I don't want
    | this.
    | > | How do I turn it off and stop the extra effort?
    | > |
    | > | Thanks,
    | > |
    | > | Craig