Turn off align to slide

Discussion in 'Microsoft Powerpoint' started by Rachel_O, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Rachel_O

Rachel_O Guest

In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
    "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
    the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
    again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
    can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
    align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
    idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

Rachel.

Rachel_O, Jun 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Rachel_O

John Wilson Guest

Do you have two or more objects selected?
    --
    john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
    Custom vba coding and PPT Makeovers
    Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html

"Rachel_O" wrote:

> In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
    > "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
    > the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
    > again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
    > can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
    > align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
    > idea what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rachel.

John Wilson, Jun 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Rachel_O

Gil Segal Guest

In order to turn off the "Align to Slide" option in PowerPoint 2007, click
    the "Align Selected Objects" option which appears just below "Align to Slide".

Gil Segal
    www.toolstoo.com

"Rachel_O" wrote:

> In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
    > "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
    > the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
    > again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
    > can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
    > align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
    > idea what I'm doing wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Rachel.

Gil Segal, Jun 15, 2009
  4. Rachel_O

shelly_p Guest

I am having the same problem. The "Align Selected Objects" option is greyed
    out and clicking "Align to Slide" again does not disable it. Any help on this
    is appreciated, as this is very frustrating.

"Gil Segal" wrote:

> In order to turn off the "Align to Slide" option in PowerPoint 2007, click
    > the "Align Selected Objects" option which appears just below "Align to Slide".
    >
    > Gil Segal
    > www.toolstoo.com
    >
    > "Rachel_O" wrote:
    >
    > > In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
    > > "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
    > > the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
    > > again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
    > > can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
    > > align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
    > > idea what I'm doing wrong?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Rachel.

shelly_p, Aug 31, 2009
  5. Rachel_O

Gil Segal Guest

The "Align Selected Objects" option is greyed out until you have 2 or more
    objects selected in the slide on your current slide.

Gil Segal
    www.toolstoo.com

"shelly_p" wrote:

> I am having the same problem. The "Align Selected Objects" option is greyed
    > out and clicking "Align to Slide" again does not disable it. Any help on this
    > is appreciated, as this is very frustrating.
    >
    > "Gil Segal" wrote:
    >
    > > In order to turn off the "Align to Slide" option in PowerPoint 2007, click
    > > the "Align Selected Objects" option which appears just below "Align to Slide".
    > >
    > > Gil Segal
    > > www.toolstoo.com
    > >
    > > "Rachel_O" wrote:
    > >
    > > > In using the "Arrange" menu to align objects in Powerpoint, I clicked on the
    > > > "Align to slide" option because I wanted to align the objects in question to
    > > > the middle of the slide. In Powerpoint 2003, clicking "Align to slide"
    > > > again, would have switched this option off, but now, however much I click, I
    > > > can't get it to turn off, which is a real nuiscance, since I often want to
    > > > align objects relative to one another not to the slide. Does anyone have any
    > > > idea what I'm doing wrong?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >
    > > > Rachel.

Gil Segal, Sep 1, 2009
    1. Advertisements