    but I'd like a better way.
    Currently the user has to click Dialing Options, scroll down to my TSP and
    select it.

    Guest, Nov 8, 2005

  2. "Alan Green" <Alan > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Some while back someone posted a question on how to make a TSP the default
    > Phone Device. One can do it by modifying the registry key

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Contact\PhoneDevPr­im
    ary
    > but I'd like a better way.
    > Currently the user has to click Dialing Options, scroll down to my TSP and
    > select it.

    Alan,
    there is nothing like a default TSP or default phone device in TAPI or in the
    OS.
    _Each_ TAPI app may proprietary select a device to be _its_ default.
    It depends entirely upon the app how to do this.
    In addition please note that some TSPs expose multiple devices.

    Btw. what are you asking for?
    How to select programmatically a default device for Outlook?
    Then you already posted the answer: you can programmatically change it via
    programmatically changing the registry.
    What do you regard as "a better way"?

    --
    Best Regards
    Andreas Marschall

    Andreas Marschall [MVP TAPI], Nov 8, 2005

    Hello Andreas

    Thanks for your answer. You've cleared some concepts up for me - mainly that
    what I need is an Outlook setting, and not a TAPI setting.

    The reason why I'd prefer to use an API to change the Outlook setting in the
    registry is that the key I am changing is not documented. Also, the path is
    different for every version of Office.
    I cross posted to microsoft.public.outlook.interop - I hope that is the best
    group.

    Alan

    Guest, Nov 8, 2005

    daan Guest

    Can someone tell me how the value of the regkey
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\outlook\contacts\PhoneDevPrimary
    is formed? Because its different on some computers with the same tapi driver
    and the same version of outlook.
    I need to know this because we are looking for a way in our company to
    automatically set the right driver as default.

    daan, Jun 30, 2009
  5. Alan,

    I just checked and suspect that this value is a combination of
    the permanent provider ID and the line number.

    Best regards,

    Matthias Moetje
    -------------------------------------
    TAPI WIKI: http://www.tapi.info
    -------------------------------------
    TERASENS GmbH
    Augustenstraße 24
    80333 Munich, GERMANY
    -------------------------------------
    e-mail: moetje at terasens dot com
    www: www.terasens.com
    -------------------------------------

    Matthias Moetje [MVP], Jul 4, 2009

    daan Guest

    Mathias,

    I'm sorry but I’m kind of new in this matter.
    Can u tell me where I can find the permanent provider ID and the line number
    Any id how you come from those two to the
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Contact\PhoneDevPrimary number?

    Goal is to create a vbscript that create this regkey with the correct value
    on different pc's. So I need to know where to find the input and how the
    input is processed.

    Thx in advance

    Daan

    daan, Jul 7, 2009
  7. "daan" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Can u tell me where I can find the permanent provider ID and the line
    > number
    > Any id how you come from those two to the
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Contact\PhoneDevPrimary
    > number?
    >
    > Goal is to create a vbscript that create this regkey with the correct
    > value
    > on different pc's. So I need to know where to find the input and how the
    > input is processed.

    Daan,
    neither the dwPermanentProviderID nor the dwPermanentLineID (nor the
    dwDeviceID) are constant when you compare two PCs.
    You cannot even be sure that a provider, i.e. TSP, or a line device is
    present on the other PC.

    Are you always working with the same TSP?
    If so, what TSP is it?

    --
    Best Regards
    Andreas Marschall

    Andreas Marschall [exMVP TAPI], Jul 7, 2009

    daan Guest

    Andreas,

    We are working with the tapi driver of siemens. (IP telefony) The thing we
    are trying to accomplish is that in outlook automatically our cap server is
    selected if we dial from our contacts. We already found out that it was set
    by this regkey
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Contact\PhoneDevPrimary.

    Now i was trying to make a script so we can set this right on each pc. But
    this key changes on various computers.

    Because the value varies i hoped there was some logic behind it so we could
    still write a script to make it work. For example:
    Reed in two regkey in a variable, add them together ore whatever needs to be
    done and use the output to write to the above key.

    Is something like this possible?

    Kind regards

    Daan

    daan, Jul 7, 2009
  9. Alan,

    first thing: With VBScript you cannot use TAPI2. Instead you need to use
    TAPI3.

    To get the permanent provider ID of the Siemens TSP you need to enumerate
    addresses and then check the ServiceProviderName property of ITAddress for
    "hipath.tsp" (or similar).

    Please note that there may be several addresses driven by the same TSP, so
    you might need to use additional logic to find the currect one. A TAPI3
    address is actually "a TAPI2 address on a certain line driven by a certain
    TSP".

    To get the permanten provider id you need to check AC_PERMANENTDEVICEID with
    the ITAddressCapabilities interface on the address. To get the line id, use
    AC_LINEID.

    Best regards,

    Matthias Moetje
    TAPI WIKI: http://www.tapi.info