    system from past remotes that were running Windows 98.

    Thanks in advance,

    Bob Showalter

    Guest, Jan 10, 2005

    BobS,

    With a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro
    clients do not require a CAL:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/tsfaq.asp

    When you upgrade to a Windows 2003 Terminal Server, however, you will need
    CAL's for these systems. Your license manager should be able to
    automatically detect the Win XP Pro and 2K Pro connections to the Terminal
    Server. You can check on what other clients may have accessed the Terminal
    Serer by following these steps:

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Administrative Tools.
    3. Click Terminal Service Items.
    4. Double-click Terminal Services Licensing.

    Best of luck,

    Spencer Ferguson

    http://www.wasatchsoftware.com/terminalservices.htm

    Guest, Jan 13, 2005