    Thanks
    Kirk Groome
    MicroMetric

    Kirk Groome, Mar 17, 2004

  2. Kirk Groome wrote:

    > I have a user that needs to reset sessions on a terminal server. The problem
    > is that when he runs tsadmin.exe on his workstation it just puts the
    > program on the taskbar but does nothing else. The client is windows XP Pro,
    > the server is win 2003. It had been working. Then it started doing this
    > thing with just putting the icon on the taskbar. I wiped out his profile on
    > the workstation and then tsadmin worked for about 2 weeks with no problem
    > and now it is back to doing the same thing.

    Does it work if he right-clicks he icon on the taskbar and selects
    "Restore"? I see now that the tsadmin saves window settings so if you
    minimize tsadmin and the close it the windows will be minimized on
    taskbar when you start it again.

    --
    Olof Lagerkvist
    ICQ: 724451

    Olof Lagerkvist, Mar 17, 2004
  3. Logged in as the user, go to this registry key:

    HKCU\\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server
    \TSADMIN

    Delete the "Placement" value and exit Regedit.

    Now run the Terminal Services Manager and you should be able to
    see it.

    The problem is that at some point the TSM window position settings
    were saved in a high-resolution session; with it running in a low-
    resolution session, those values position it off the viewable
    screen.

    --
    Vera Noest
    http://hem.fyristorg.com/vera/IT