Trying to read CD written with Roxio

Reaction score
A few years ago I copied many jpegs to a CD using Roxio's Easy CD creator with drag and drop (I do not know the version). When I put it in my current computer (running XP) it wanted to download a UDF reader which I let it do. However, when I look at the disk all I see is 3 files

Autorun
UdffrChK
udfrinst

the first is a read me that says nothing
The second is an application that does not open when I click on it
The third is a ZL file of 377 kB

I have also downloaded Adaptech's UDF Reader Driver

http://download.cnet.com/3001-2100_4-10021086.html?spi=db76a4fd26860f93eed5f1a720e7c7dc

but this didn't help at all. I have gone to Roxio's website and they are the most useless company I have ever seen. I had to register, etc. and ask my question and 24 h later they sent an e-mail saying they no longer support that product. Also - to call them for support which they won't provide cost $1.89 a minute! What kind of company is that?

Anyway - I really want to get the jpegs off the CD because they are pictures of my kids from 2001-2003. Did I make a back up - of course - on another CD which I made with the same %$$#^ program.

Help please!

Monty

Reaction score
Unfortunately Roxio no longer provide support for their ADAPTEC EASY CD or DIRECT CD which is what you used (CD's act as a hard drive where you can drag and drop and also overwrite files. tThis is primarily because Mr. Microsoft has not been able to buy them out and has made the ADAPTEC line unusable Post W98. all those great backup rewritabole CDs are not quiet dead..
You may notice that Microsoft does not have an equivalent, As the have pushed on through XP, Vista and now "7" very little is backward compatible unless Microsoft's own software,and even then... Try using Autocad 2000 even ox XP it is impossible so Mr Microsoft expects us all to renew not only our hardware tpo keep up with his advancing technologies but also fork out Lots of $$$$ to keep our software up to date.....

Enough of that.. ALL IS NOT LOST...

All I can think of is find somebody who still has Win 98 and read from there to HDD or USB drive....although most probably dont have Adaptec's direct CD this could be another problem.... If not let me know and we may sort something out....

Win 98 is still my primary work PC as it does all I need without bells and whistlesand no Virus is lazy enough to attack it as it is obviously OLD, just like my 28 year old car... But it works great..
Best of luck, Chuck.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Roxio-Easy-Media-Creator.shtml

Will this open yopur files ??
user.gif

Ask a Question