    change to "true color" 16 bit and "true color" 24 bit. I
    have a Gateway 2000 (vx900) moniter. I was wondering how
    to change my color rendering to 32-bit on a windows xp?

    stelvani, Jul 3, 2003

  2. You can try downloading the latest drivers for your video card and see if it
    works but most likely your video card does not support 32 bit color.
    Therefore, to play the game, you will have to install a new video card that
    supports 32 bit color.

    Electrodynamicist, Jul 4, 2003

  3. stelvani

    HBros Guest

    I don't think Gateway 2000 video cards OR monitors can support 32 Bit.

    HBros, Jul 10, 2003
  4. stelvani

    EGMcCann Guest

    It's more closely tied to video memory. With a specific amount of memory,
    you can get either high resolution at low color depth, high color depth at
    low resolution, or some combination (I forget the actual formula.)

    Most modern video cards will handle pretty good color depth at high
    (1024x768 or above) resolution. Which Gateway model, and how much video
    memory does it have? Looking on Gateway's support site, the monitor (19 inch
    diagonal, 18 inch viewing area, SuperFST tube) can reach a maximum
    resolution of 1600x1200. The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA)
    1,600 × 1,200 at 75 hertz (Hz) mode is the prime mode.

    Quick search found this site with relevant info:
    http://www.mtechlaptops.com/video_memory.htm
    Here's how much memory you need to run true color at specific resolutions:
    1024X768 @ True Color (32 Bit) 25.1MB
    1400X1050 @ True Color 47MB
    1600X1200 @ True Color (32 Bit) 76.8MB

    So if that gateway's only got 8-32 Mb video RAM (and many models with shared
    memory will only GIVE 8 Mb or so) you're not going to hit true color, and
    will need to replace the video card with one that's more powerful. 128 Mb
    GeForceFX 5200s (new, DX9 compatible) start at $99....

    EGMcCann, Jul 10, 2003
  5. stelvani

    Rafaela mineira

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2008
    Likes Received:
    0
    Como Eu Mudo A Cor Para 32 Bits?

    I installed the second life here on my computer, sóq eu gave error talking to mesangem follows:
    ''second life requires True Color (32 bit) to be implemented in a window.Please go to control panel> Display> Settings ands screen to set the color of 32 bits.
    Alternatively, if you choose to run fullscreen, second life will automatically adjust the screen each time it runs.''

    More the problem is that I can not go in control panels and a display to set the 32-bit color.
    My computer has 1giga of memoria.Deve be put 32 bits.Queria ask to teach me change the color in small detalalhes, d euma way that I understand perfectly.
    And only me explain where I tenhoq eu go where I find that place, what I have to click .. and ready.!
    I await the answer.!
    My email anything:

    Flws!
    : D