Trouble with connecting with dongle as for ...

Reaction score
I have just sold an acer laptop to a neighbour and having a problem getting them online with there internet.

The actual dongle boots up to load but then just before install comes up with this error

Administrative privileges are required in order to install Vodafone lite etc etc

Any idea on how to sort this problem or is it just plain knackered

Cheers for any help in advance

Scott

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Scott (I've deleted your other thread, please don't double post as it can get confusing) :).

Can you explain a little more about the setup - what OS is the laptop, what is the dongle, how are you trying to connect? The more information you can give, the more we can help.

Reaction score
It is an Acer Aspire 1350

Im clueless with laptops / computer if os means operating system do you mean what im running it on if so it is XP.

Basically i plug the Vodafone Mobile Connect in( usb stick one ) and it begins to load up detects it all then goes to install it and just before it begins to instal it comes up with the problem

" Administrative privileges are required in order to install Vodafone lite "

So its not more of a connection problem its more that it wont install the actual dongle to allow me to connect but yet when i plug the dongle into the tower i have it works perfectly.

Scott

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Sounds like you are experiencing user permissions denial.

In XP, try this. Log out. Start>Log Off. Once you log off you should see the user choices screen. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice. This should give you a box where you will have to type a user name. Chances are, your last username is in that box. In the username box, type administrator. If you set a password for the administrator account, type it in. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it probably doesn't have a password. Just press Enter.

If you can get in that way, plug the USB stick in. Drivers should load, if it requires a CD, insert that and follow directions. If the automatic doesn't work, use the CD to install the software for the USB stick. Once you get it installed, remove it from that port and plug it into another USB port. Install the drivers there as well. Do the same for every USB port you have connected to the machine. This will ensure that no matter where you connect it, the system will recognize it.

Once you are done with that, restart. Windows should come up like it normally does everytime. Connect the USB stick (if you removed it after installing). The system should pick it up and do the "hey i found this wait a second" installation part and allow it to be ready.

If that does not work.....set it on fire. :lol:

Reaction score
Sounds like you are experiencing user permissions denial.

In XP, try this. Log out. Start>Log Off. Once you log off you should see the user choices screen. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice. This should give you a box where you will have to type a user name. Chances are, your last username is in that box. In the username box, type administrator. If you set a password for the administrator account, type it in. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it probably doesn't have a password. Just press Enter.

If you can get in that way, plug the USB stick in. Drivers should load, if it requires a CD, insert that and follow directions. If the automatic doesn't work, use the CD to install the software for the USB stick. Once you get it installed, remove it from that port and plug it into another USB port. Install the drivers there as well. Do the same for every USB port you have connected to the machine. This will ensure that no matter where you connect it, the system will recognize it.

Once you are done with that, restart. Windows should come up like it normally does everytime. Connect the USB stick (if you removed it after installing). The system should pick it up and do the "hey i found this wait a second" installation part and allow it to be ready.

If that does not work.....set it on fire. :lol:

All went fine until i tried to log on as admin and it comes ups with " Unable to log you on because of an account restriction "

You wouldnt happen to know how to get around this ?

( Lighter is in my hand ready ) :)

Ask a Question