Trouble deploying licensed 3rd party com ocx

Discussion in 'Microsoft VB .NET' started by Woodie Morris, Oct 27, 2009.

  1. I'm trying to use a 3rd party COM ocx control in my VB2008 Express
    application. Works fine on the development machine of course, but once
    deployed to a test/virtual machine it will only work if I copy the COM
    control's license file to the text computer's Windows\System32 folder. I'm
    using Inno Setup with the following lines to install the ocx:

    Source: "C:\Program files\VideoCapX\videocapx.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; Flags:
    restartreplace sharedfile regserver

    Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
    files\Interop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

    Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
    files\AxInterop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion

    Is this something that can't be done in the Express version?

    Thanks, -Woodie

    Woodie Morris, Oct 27, 2009

  2. "Woodie Morris" wrote:

    > I'm trying to use a 3rd party COM ocx control in my VB2008 Express
    > application. Works fine on the development machine of course, but once
    > deployed to a test/virtual machine it will only work if I copy the COM
    > control's license file to the text computer's Windows\System32 folder. I'm
    > using Inno Setup with the following lines to install the ocx:
    >
    > Source: "C:\Program files\VideoCapX\videocapx.ocx"; DestDir: "{sys}"; Flags:
    > restartreplace sharedfile regserver
    >

    > Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
    > files\Interop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
    >

    > Source: "C:\Users\Woodie\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\GT\Distribution
    > files\AxInterop.VIDEOCAPXLib.dll"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
    >

    > Is this something that can't be done in the Express version?
    >

    > Thanks, -Woodie
    >
    > .

    It sounds like a question better asked of a group dedicated to using Inno
    Setup to build deployments. Someone here may have used it, but I'm sure
    there is a group for that product. It's possible that setting the license
    file's build action to "Content", and the "Copy to Output Directory" property
    to "Copy if newer" will help you.

    Mike

    Family Tree Mike, Oct 27, 2009

  3. Woodie Morris

    Momogex

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hmmm could you suggest me software like this videocapx i had same error, but when i install it, its working again but it's not free...so i need to pay now, or if any same software for free could help me?

    Momogex, Aug 7, 2012