Trojan horse Downloader.Rvp.D in system info folder

G

I can see but not access system info folder in XP he to get rid of trojan horse, can you help? I have truned off restore, I have gone in and made the folder viewable, I have tried going through safe mode. I have bought several anti-virus/trojan utilities. AVG resident shield keeps warning me about Trojan horse Downloader.Rvp.D and gives me the path inside the system information folder but when I run the AVG for windows it doesn't see it. I have treid Boclean as well, it found a trojan horse but not that one. Now that I can see the folder I would like to make it accessible, then maybe AVG would see it too but it is washed out and tells me it is inaccessible. Thanks

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Please visit the virus removal experts for help in this newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.security.virus

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| I can see but not access system info folder in XP he to get rid of trojan horse, can you help? I have
truned off restore, I have gone in and made the folder viewable, I have tried going through safe mode. I have
bought several anti-virus/trojan utilities. AVG resident shield keeps warning me about Trojan horse
Downloader.Rvp.D and gives me the path inside the system information folder but when I run the AVG for
windows it doesn't see it. I have treid Boclean as well, it found a trojan horse but not that one. Now that I
can see the folder I would like to make it accessible, then maybe AVG would see it too but it is washed out
and tells me it is inaccessible. Thanks

Ask a Question