    and when I am away from it. I am at a loss as to where to turn next.

    I am running Windows XP Upgrade, AMD Duran Processor, 504 MB Ram, Soyo
    Motherboard

    JZM, Oct 30, 2003

  2. JZM

    Cari MS-MVP Guest

    If the Trident graphics are built into the motherboard, have you disabled
    them in the BIOS?

    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "JZM" <> wrote in message
    > I have added NVIDIA Geforce MX 440 PCI card to my system. I Also have
    > Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/Promedia in my System File and it is
    > showing a code 10 error. I uninstalled the Trident, rebooted and I did

    not
    > say that Windows had found new hardware. When I went back to look at the
    > system file, Trident showed up as I looking at the device manager

    screen???

    > I checked my "standby" and that checked ok.
    >
    > My computer "freezes approx. 5-6 times a day. While working on the

    computer

    Cari MS-MVP, Oct 30, 2003

  3. Your Trident video card was never supported to do dual-monitor, so you have
    to remove it or see if you can disable it in bios

    Here is a list of supported multi-display cards
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307397

    If your computer freezes, I would test the system memory for starters with
    Windows Memory Diagnostic
    http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

    Thanks

    John Chin [MSFT], Oct 30, 2003