    Cancel does not work nor teh "x" in the upper right hand corner. To turn my
    machine off I have to end the TrayApp process. Everymorning when I Turn on
    this stupid TrayApp screen reappears. How do I make the madness STOP?!

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006

    Hard to diagnose for certain without knowing what the Tray App is. I would
    avise you to go into Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Find
    this program in the list click on it and then click remove. You can remove
    it from your startup by running msconfig but I'm weary about telling you how
    to do this until I know for sure if you have enough knowledge to mess with
    it. If you cannot remove it from Add or Remove Programs. Do some research
    on the web about how to use msconfig. Good Luck

    Joe

    Kemco Technician

    Guest, Jul 25, 2006

    Malke Guest

    SaturnGolfBoy wrote:

    > I recently tried to install an old printer. In the end I could not find
    > the
    > driver on line so I quit. I could not get the TrayApp to go away.
    > Clicking
    > Cancel does not work nor teh "x" in the upper right hand corner. To turn
    > my
    > machine off I have to end the TrayApp process. Everymorning when I Turn
    > on
    > this stupid TrayApp screen reappears. How do I make the madness STOP?!

    TrayApp is connected with the printer software, usually HP. Use the System
    Configuration Utility to disable it from starting with Windows.

    Start>Run>msconfig [enter]

    This brings up the System Configuration Utility. Look on the Startup tab and
    find the probable culprit. Uncheck the box next to its name, Apply and OK
    out. You don't need to restart immediately, but the next time you do you'll
    get a dialog saying you've used the Utility. Just tick the box that says in
    effect, "don't bother me about this again".

    How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310560

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User