Transport Tycoon Deluxe For Windows - Free Download

Reaction score
HOw come that i cannot make it work once i have downloaded it? It says that DPLAY.dll was not found. I tried to re-download it, without any luck.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
HOw come that i cannot make it work once i have downloaded it? It says that DPLAY.dll was not found. I tried to re-download it, without any luck.
why not ask the people who made it, was published in 1996, and this thread is 3 years old. :)

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Try running it in Win 7 in XP compatibility mode (find game directory, right click on exe file, select compatibility mode and change).

One thread, one question please, I have deleted the other thread which duplicates this query.

Reaction score
I have tried it but it is not working. It starts and as soon as it enters to the main menu, it crashes and the program closes.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Then it's probably not going to work in Win 7 then, lots of games don't, especially games that were made for Win 95, even with an XP patch.

You could try loading Win XP into some virtual OS software within Win 7 and load the game into that.

Reaction score
If you’re trying to run the classic simulation game “Transport Tycoon Deluxe” in Windows 7, you may get an error upon startup when the game can’t find dplay.dll. Here’s what you need to do:

• Go to C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft-windows-directx-directplay4_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7100.0_none_e80363be14f8ec68 (substitute your Windows installation path for C:\Windows if necessary).
  • Copy dplayx.dll to your Transport Tycoon installation folder.
  • Rename the new copy of the file to dplay.dll.

source: http://blog.toddboss.com/post/133906275/how-to-get-transport-tycoon-deluxe-to-run-in-windows-7

Ask a Question