    I'm far from a computer guru so simple explanations would be best suited!
    --
    thanks Jill

    Jill Davis, Nov 22, 2008

  2. Jill Davis

    Malke Guest

    Jill Davis wrote:

    > I am trying to insert an existing picture file into a wordpad document. I
    > have tried to copy and paste it and also tried to insert it as an object
    > from the insert drop down menu. Each time I am only getting a small square
    > and icon (if this makes sense).
    > I can open and edit the picture using the program which created it but I
    > want to paste the actual picture onto the document in order to see the
    > exact layout and content of the finished document, can anyone help please.
    > I'm far from a computer guru so simple explanations would be best suited!

    Perhaps Wordpad doesn't support the file format of the picture. Or perhaps
    Wordpad simply isn't sophisticated enough to do what you want. Wordpad is
    just a cut above a plain text editor like Notepad, after all.

    Here are a lot of links about inserting a picture into Wordpad. You might
    find what you are looking for at one of them:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=insert+picture+into+Wordpad+document&btnG=Search&hl=en&sa=2

    If you want a free word processing program that will give you far more
    options than Wordpad, then OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) is a great
    choice.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP
    Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

    Malke, Nov 22, 2008

  3. Jill Davis

    Milt Guest

    Jill,

    To put a picture into Wordpad, you need to "capture" it first. Open the
    picture, size it as you wish, and then click "Print Screen". ("Print Screen"
    is in the center section of your keyboard between the numbers and letters
    groups.)

    Now you have "captured" it to the clipboard. You can open Wordpad and
    right click in the body and choose "Paste". That's it. You can also right
    click the picture to further edit it if you want.

    Milt

    Milt, Nov 22, 2008
  4. Jill Davis

    Milt Guest

    Jill,

    I appologise. I didn't answer you correctly. I was thinking about a
    picture in your browser, not a file. Sorry about the confusion. Let's try an
    easier way.

    Right click the "existing picture file" and select Open With/Paint. Now
    you should have a picture that you can edit or resize. You can crop it. You
    can drag an edge to resize it too. Now you can select copy from the edit menu
    or by right clicking. And you should be able to paste it into Wordpad.

    Milt

    Milt, Nov 22, 2008