Windows 7 Transferring Data from one sheet to another

Reaction score
With some colleagues we created a workbook in order to calculate the final grades that a teacher needs for the students in his/her class. It starts with a sheet in which the teacher identifies all the tools that (s)he will need to use such as Tests, Labs, Research, Presentations etc. The teacher can have up to 10 different tools that (s)he can use. The second sheet is where all the information is collected, and it is here that the grades are calculated.
At the click of a button in the first sheet - the Tools sheet, a number of worksheets are created each with its own unique name. These sheets are created from a template that I created that allows the teacher to insert, in columns, up to 10 marks.
If I use the workbook as is, everything works fine, and I would be VERY happy, but new Ministry of Education rules dictate that each marks MUST be broken up into four different categories. So I created a sheet which I called MarkEntry for the categories, and (here is my problem) I have no idea on how to link this new sheet to the existing sheets that were created by the Tools worksheet.

How do I make the MarkEntry sheet talk to the appropriate worksheet? That is to say, if I need to enter marks in the Test sheet for Chapters 2 & 3, at the click of a button I can open the MarkEntry sheet, but how can I make the marks go to the Test sheet in column "A", later on for next test to column "B", then "C" and so on for each test I give the students, or If I open the Lab worksheet, after opening the MarkEntry sheet for the Lab sheet in column "A", "B", "C" etc. I am LOST and ready to give up!!!!

Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brutium

Last edited:
Reaction score
Brutium,

Can you describe in detail what you see in the workbook that we cannot? For example, details on each sheet, what is contained in columns and rows. What is the format of the MarkEntry sheet. What are the conditions that create the link- change events, cell formulas. macros.

You will not be able to upload files until the required post limit, if you can describe the flow of data you desire maybe someone can help.

Steve

Reaction score
Hello Soneboysteve,
Is there a way I could send you pictures of my workbook? I so how do I do it...

Last edited:

Ask a Question