Torrid weekend

Reaction score
Well you can laugh but lots of tears this end:cry:. As you know my last SSHD disc died on me and I installed a new 2TB one. I reinstalled Mint downloaded all my files and at the end of that found all my music and pictures found that the music wouldn't play as I downloaded from my Backup external drive, yes you have guest it they were a MS backup, Pictures OK but over 5,000 tracks sweet FA. Without thinking in bad temper and frustration I re installed Mint and now have to re download all my precious music in MP3 format:cry::cry::cry: That will teach me not to go bull at a gate when I do things :mad:. So in the middle of ripping all My CD's again :blush::blush: Embarrassing ain't it and it is going top take weeks:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I just put the CD in I want to listen to at the time ... if it's one I play often, I'll 'rip' it the PC. No re-installation required as they are 'ripped' to the external 2TB drive.

... have fun!

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
What do you mean you can not play your tracks ???

VLC plays almost any video or music file format you can find. At its launch this was a revolution compared to the default media players most people were using that often crashed or displayed “codecs missing” error messages when trying to play media files. VLC can play MPEG, AVI, RMBV, FLV, QuickTime, WMV, MP4 and a shed load of other media file formats. For a full list of compatible file formats please click here. Not only can VLC Media Player handle loads of different formats, VLC can also playback partial or incomplete media files so you can preview downloads before they finish.

What file format are your backup music files in ???

:cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh bugger, that'll take some time :(.

Do you still have the tracks, but they're in an MS Backup format? If so, you can get them back still!

Reaction score
Hi gang I have a back of most of my music on a external drive and because of the help here now realise that I can use VLC for it
:thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Blimey that is a relief
breakfast.gif

Ask a Question