Today I learned...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep, we've had an account for ages, but I've never been active on it - I'm hoping to in the coming weeks, hence adding it to the footer of the site :D.

Here's the link for anyone interested:
https://twitter.com/pcreviewuk
It tweets new post automatically I see, not a bad way of generating potential interest in the site.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Today I learned that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are doing a couple of gigs in Manchester in December! Woohoo! :dance: Now I just need to find someone who will go with me... :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Today I learned that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are doing a couple of gigs in Manchester in December! Woohoo! :dance: Now I just need to find someone who will go with me... :lol:

My brother is taking his son to see them tomorrow in Reading

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've got a friend going to the Reading festival (just for the day, and just to see RHCP). I'm glad they're doing a tour as well as festivals, I was beginning to lose hope!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I've got a friend going to the Reading festival (just for the day, and just to see RHCP). I'm glad they're doing a tour as well as festivals, I was beginning to lose hope!

I would love to have gone, but sadly I get stuck with doggy sitting for the day for my brother.

Reaction score
I have one dog Taz like that, he was very badly treated and hit a lot, he is OK once he gets to know you and trusts you, the other one a Border Colly who is blind is the opposite he also was badly treated and was on the run in Cardiff for six weeks before the dog wardens could catch him, but he will just lie down roll on his back and surrender. They both have come out of their shell now Taz will ignore people he does not know know and Max is less submissive now. As you can tell they are both rescue dogs and are now enjoying life.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Today I learned that the oldest person ever was Jeanne Louise Calment who lived until 122 years of age...

Jeanne Calment recalls meeting [Vincent Van Gogh] in her father's shop in Arles and selling him coloured penicls although the memory is clouded by the fact that he was scruffy and smelt of alcohol. His painting Sunflowers (Les Tournesols), one of a series of seven on the subject which were painted during his stay in Arles in 1888, sold at auction on 30 March 1987 for a then world record price of £22,500,000 (exlcluding buyer's premium)...

...She led an extremely active life, taking up fencing at 85-years-old and still riding a bicycle at 100. Jean played herself at the age of 114 in the film Vincent and Me (Can 1990) - becoming the oldest actress to appear in a film. Her keys to long life were olive oil, port, chocolate and although she enjoyed smoking, she gave up in 1995. Her doctor put this down to her pride rather than concern for her health, as she was too blind to light up and did not want to be dependent on others. Her humour was sharp right up until her death. Her customary reply to visitors who said: “Goodbye and until next year perhaps?” would be “I don’t see why not! You don’t look so bad to me.”

Amazing lady! http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/oldest-person

However a contender has come forwards who says he has official documentation showing that he was born in 1870, making him 145 :eek:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...h-gotho-indonesia-145-years-old-a7213191.html

However, this needs to be verified first, so we'll see...

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks nice! It's surprising that the old notes will be taken out of circulation so quickly - May 2017 isn't long away at all.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Today I learned that you can track down which farm your eggs have come from by typing in the code on the Lion Egg website

coded-egg.png

http://www.lioneggfarms.co.uk/information/egg-codes/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TIL we've getting a new polymer five pound note in the next couple of weeks (and the old one won't be legal tender in less than a year!):

http://www.thenewfiver.co.uk/

I remember seeing this on the news ages ago, its virtually indestructible. They can go though the wash, have wine spilt on them (not sure why they were using wine as an example, is it common to spill wine on ones money?) and all sorts. Its what they've used in Australia for years.

Yay for progress. Now if we can just hurry up and rid the country of bloody 1, 2 and 5p coins I'll be over the moon!

Oh and if Santander can please pull your finger out and let me use my 123 account card with Android pay that'd be great too!

/rant. :fool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Its what they've used in Australia for years.

We've got a couple of friends who live in Melbourne and they have shown us the notes before - will take a bit of getting used to but it seems to be a good step forward :thumb:

Ask a Question