Time Difference

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
What is the time differnece between me in NM and most of yall in the UK? cause im here at 2:00 Am seeing some folks here, and im thinking thats crazy! sooo... what time is it there if its 2 AM here?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Alf said:
What is the time differnece between me in NM and most of yall in the UK? cause im here at 2:00 Am seeing some folks here, and im thinking thats crazy! sooo... what time is it there if its 2 AM here?
I'm not sure, but pacific time is 8 hours behind GMT (UK Time) :)

Reaction score
Alf said:
cause im here at 2:00 Am seeing some folks here, and im thinking thats crazy! sooo... what time is it there if its 2 AM here?

thats not crazy...........................thats insane!!!

lol just kidding if the admin said it was 8 hours difference then 2am for you would be 10am for us!! so i guess thats neither insane or crazy!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, you're about 8 hours behind us. New York is around six hours behind cos they is a bit closer.

So all things being normal, as you're going to bed, we getting up in the morning :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
wow, i dident know we were 8 hours behind! well i guess that gives me a heads up on when to post.

Reaction score
Alf said:
wow, i dident know we were 8 hours behind! well i guess that gives me a heads up on when to post.

yes its a long long away from uk to new mexico!

i think u will find that in northern america (canada) there are 5 or 6 different time zones. so this means that the most EASTERN part of canada is just three hours behind UK TIME
but the most WESTERN part is 8 hours behind us, which includes you too Alf!

Strange this time stuff i think the best is the IDL International Date Line
its like west of this line and u are 24 hours behind and east of this you are 24 hours ahead and we r not talking thousands of miles probably around 10-20miles
i think it works out like this which i find so very very strange!

imagine being just EAST of this line, you are the first ppl in the world to get sunlight from the new day
and if your just WEST you are the LAST!

good luck on understanding
ill leave some smartass to explain where ive gone wrong on my understandings

Reaction score
heres the geeks:

"While the world is divided into 24 time zones, there has to be a place where there is a difference in days, somewhere the day truly "starts" on the planet. Thus, the 180° line of longitude, exactly one-half way around the planet from Greenwich, England and 0° longitude is approximately where the International Date Line is located. Cross the line from the east to the west and a day is added. Cross from west to the east and a day is subtracted."

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ahh... little confusing but i think i see....

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Yep, you're about 8 hours behind us. New York is around six hours behind cos they is a bit closer.

So all things being normal, as you're going to bed, we getting up in the morning :)

sorry to be so picky, but new york is actually 5 hours behind us in the UK that is.

Ask a Question