Windows XP This is the year ... and November is the date

Reaction score
Damn - so just after i would have bought a laptop.

Do you reckon it would be worth waiting? When do you think it will be coming as standard with OTS systems?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Damn - so just after i would have bought a laptop.

Do you reckon it would be worth waiting? When do you think it will be coming as standard with OTS systems?
I'd wait personally, as it will no doubt be standard on anything after that date :)

If it's for uni, waiting till November isn't a problem... you won't be doing much work in freshers week I can guarantee that ;)

Reaction score
Interesting.

Well university starts mid september - so thats all of October and probably most of November.

I could probably borrow the parents laptop until then...

I can see Vista Laptops being MASSIVLY expensive!

Reaction score
Have to wait? nope the viruses will be lined up ready to go:D Chris the cost will be a rip off anyways;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
christopherpostill
Ever Optimistic

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Because Vista needs newer hardware that supports features not currently being sold to run...

Ever Optimistic. Thats me :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Because Vista needs newer hardware that supports features not currently being sold to run...
HuH!
Sorry Chris but weve been here before ... While I agree every new incarnation of Windows has always needed a new more poweful PC, it goes without saying, it will still work on your 2year old PC.

Most people run XP in "classic mode" which in turn, turns off some of the unneeded eye candy of XP ... sorry, but I bought XP for its stability and eye candy ... and I'll be buying Vista too. ;)

Oh, I'll still be running Linux ... I'm a convertee. :p :D

What we will see is more 64bit PC being sold with Vista ... and if you "want" the AERO Glass feature then you is gonna need a 64bit with a decent graphics card ... or get a free copy of Linux. ;)

However, you will find loads of "older PCs" with Vista ... "Vista Starter" will not have AERO Glass, MS ain't stupid ... ;)

What I see happening is ...
Q. My Vista wont do this
A. You got the wrong version ... you'll need to go online and upgrade
Q. but that don't work
A. Oh yeah, you need 1gig Ram for that and a 1gig Graphics card ... you should have stuck with XP

laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

Reaction score
]When choosing a notebook today for use in Windows Vista, you may run into the trade-off between better graphics or thinner and lighter ultra portables. Exactly which chipsets for mobile PCs will end up fully supported is still open at this point. However, if you are purchasing a mobile PC today, and want to get AERO Glass experience, you will need a discrete card. When buying a notebook today, ask your PC vendor for more concrete information regarding graphics cards that would support WDDM.

;)

Reaction score
thats what i was on about i think WDDM

I'll most definatly be buying the **best spec** notebook i can afford in November - size not that much of an issue.

Working lots of overtime at work to pay for this :)

Ask a Question