This house is worth £32 Million

Reaction score
Well it would make an excellent place for working in london, price is a bit steep:eek:
So the challenge is can anyone find something even more expensive:rolleyes:
Chelsea Embankment, London, SW3 Freehold £32,000,000

sla060023_03.jpg

An important London Mansion with outstanding views over the river Thames.
This magnificent house was built by the renowned architect Sir Norman Shaw in 1875. The property includes a series of beautifully proportioned reception rooms, extensive leisure facilities and garaging. Approx 1,785 sq.m (19,000 sq.ft)

- Magnificent reception areas
- 200m Master bedroom suite
- Original Ballroom
- Swimming Pool
- Adjacent staff accommodation
- Drive in Courtyard
- Underground parking
- State of the art security
- Front and rear access
- River views
- 9 Bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- 6 Bathrooms
- Leisure facilities

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By feckit

So the challenge is can anyone find something even more expensive:rolleyes:

What , here in London ? , The UK ? , or the world ?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Thats easy if its there in London...Demolish it ..all of it ...

Then build up and up , its ground thats expensive there not the building .

So build a huge Banking tower give it a fancy name and watch the Banks pay even more stupid money to locate there ;)

(The pic reminds me of my conservatory :thumb: )

Reaction score
Rush said:
By feckit
What , here in London ? , The UK ? , or the world ?
Well let's start with London and if no luck then the UK.:D
Ian posted a house a few month's ago for £23 Million odd ;)

Reaction score
got to be for sale

It's got to be For Sale, so you miss out sadly Rush.:lol:
But you did get me worried for a moment though;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Ok , wow , so is this then the most expensive up-for-sale house in London..as i have searched and searched and cannot find anything dearer :thumb:

Reaction score
See it has a challenge Rush i'm sure a man of your talents can find one more expensive:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i think you can get houses in kensington or belgravia in london for more than that but the most expensive things on the market aren't listen on the net

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well I knew I'd picked up a bargin when I gpt this place, but that's ridiculous:eek:

I know I had a friend who lived at home over there (In the Midlands) rent free & saving every penny, until she was 30yo in order to save up the money for a deposit on a wee 1 bedroom flat. & she was so proud of herself too :) (Given the prices over there I reckon she had good reason to be)

Lucky bugga as well though, over here, if you're still at home by 17-18yo then you can expect to be paying rent & your share of the power/phone etc, same as in any flat. I'd expect any adult to be paying their way wherever they live!? The whole thing of Adults staying home like that seems very weird to me & would've driven me crazy at that age. (I Love my Mum, but there's no way we could live together.)
I guess it's a cultural difference :confused:

Reaction score
"the house has a panic room in case of terrorist attacks and five swimming pools."

how are those two things related? Is the panic room submerged in the swimming pool?

They would have said if it was a nuclear - bio - hydrogen bomb - proof bunker, so does it just have a phone line to the police or something? Or is it just a picture of a green field and a massage chair?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Theres quite an interesting history to Updown Court - the build was initially financed by laundered drugs money
nod.gif

Allegedly of course - I shall say no more.... ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rush said:
Thats easy if its there in London...Demolish it ..all of it ...

Then build up and up , its ground thats expensive there not the building .

So build a huge Banking tower give it a fancy name and watch the Banks pay even more stupid money to locate there ;)

Good grief. A Phillistine :p

We got quite enough mentally dead architects of our own thank you very much, we don't need an input from Stoke On Trent :D

Go make a cup and saucer or something :p

murdoch said:
You could buy the whole of my village for 32 million
nod.gif
Ah, yes, maybe, but would anybody want to?
laughingsmiley.gif

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
"the house has a panic room in case of terrorist attacks and five swimming pools."

how are those two things related? Is the panic room submerged in the swimming pool?

They would have said if it was a nuclear - bio - hydrogen bomb - proof bunker, so does it just have a phone line to the police or something? Or is it just a picture of a green field and a massage chair?

Well, if you were stuck in a panic room for very long then it would get rather boring wouldn't it!?
No panic room worth it's name would be without at least one swimming pool! & this one has one for every working day... Now who wouldn't want to bankrupt themselves for that? :p

Or maybe they're suggesting that there is some sort of secret alliance between terrorists & swimming pools! Cos, tell you what... If I saw 5 swimming pools comming at me all at once I'd be legging it to the panic room!!!

Last edited:
Reaction score
The price of a 1 bedroom flat in south east london = 160k
The price of a 2 bedroom house in deepest somerset/devon = 160k
Which would you go for, i know what i would :nod:

Reaction score
Difference is pay! IT job in London 20k same job in Devon 15k

But i think you know that already Feckit :)