    open the Web project located at the following URL:
    'http://localhost/webapplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.

    Regards

    chanmm, Mar 4, 2004

  2. chanmm

    Ruffeo Guest

    "chanmm" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I hit the problem in my WinXP can someone help me:
    >
    > The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
    > open the Web project located at the following URL:
    > 'http://localhost/webapplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error'.
    >
    > Regards

    I am getting the same error message. Here is what I've done:

    1.) Delete asp.net account
    2.) ran aspnet_regiis /u for uninstall
    3.) restarted iis
    4.) ran aspnet_regiis /i
    5.) restarted iis

    that didn't work so I:
    1.) Reinstalled iis
    2.) go latest updates
    3.) ran aspnet_regiis /i

    that didn't work either so I:

    1.)reinstalled the dotnet framework 1.1

    that didn't work , so I:
    1.) Installed Filmon, I saw this from Earl in another post
    Here are the suspicious values in the File Monitor

    Process: ASPnet_wp_exe
    Request: Open
    Result: Access Denied

    Then I checked the permissions for ASPnet. I added full control to the
    folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ and propagated
    permissions to all child objects (folders and files) and it worked!!!

    Ruffeo, Mar 5, 2004