The simple way to disable/enable LAN from command prompt, with a batch file, using devcon.exe

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Networking' started by setup21@gmx.de, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , Apr 16, 2006

  2. Unfortunately, this tip will only work for folks who have the same network
    adapter that you do.

    --
    Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]

    Richard G. Harper, Apr 16, 2006

  3. The problem can be overcome by giving the command
    some intelligence, namely by specifying the network adapter's
    name, as it appears in the Control Panel (verbatim!) in this
    batch file:

    Device.bat
    =======
    @echo off
    goto Start
    Use this batch file to enable or disable a device
    from the Command Prompt.
    16.4.2006 FNL
    :Start
    setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
    set Adapter=Broadcom NetXtreme Fast Ethernet

    if /i "%1"=="enable" goto go
    if /i "%1"=="disable" goto go
    echo Syntax: Device enable / disable
    goto :eof

    :go
    set HWID=x
    set count=0
    set found=no

    devcon hwids "PCI\*" > device.txt
    for /F "tokens=*" %%* in (device.txt) do (
    set /a count=!count! + 1
    if /i "%%*"=="Name: %Adapter%" set found=yes& set count=1
    if !found!==yes if !count!==3 set HWID=%%*
    )
    if %found%==yes (
    echo HWID=!HWID!
    devcon %1 "!HWID!"
    ) else (
    echo Device "%Adapter%" not found.
    )
    endlocal
    del device.txt

    Pegasus \(MVP\), Apr 16, 2006
  4. You could give it even more intelligence by using WMI calls to enumerate the
    various network adapters present and tossing out the known entries that
    aren't physical connections - but by that time I can right-click the network
    status icon I put down by the clock and disable and re-enable it. :)

    Richard G. Harper, Apr 16, 2006
  5. 4C0010524026

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    download devcon form Microsoft

    1. Find the registry key for your adapter [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\
    2. Find the ID of your network adapter
    example: devcon hwids PCI\VEN*

    then find at this simple script your answer [​IMG]

    @echo off
    set ip=182.31.24.21
    set mac=4C0010524026
    set interface=Local Area Network
    set mask=255.255.255.0
    set gateway=182.31.24.1
    set dns1=212.221.112.2
    rem ======================
    set metric=0
    set mac_reg=[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}\0002]
    devcon disable PCI\VEN_10EC
    echo Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 > tmp%interface%.reg
    echo %mac_reg% >> tmp%interface%.reg
    echo "networkaddress"="%mac%" >> tmp%interface%.reg
    regedit /s tmp%interface%.reg
    del tmp%interface%.reg
    netsh interface ip set address name=%interface% static %ip% %mask% %gateway% %metric%
    netsh interface ip set dns name=%interface% static %dns1%
    devcon enable PCI\VEN_10EC

    4C0010524026, Jul 22, 2008