The SimCam: Film and digital camera simulator

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
For some the Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO are confusing and difficult to understand when it comes to camera controls. Phone cameras, basic point and shoot cameras are fully automatic where all three settings are automatically adjusted when a picture is taken. On more expensive point and shoot and DSLR's you will not only find the automatic modes but controls for the Aperture, shutter speeds, ISO and many other controls , for the creative photographer.

Here is an excellent website to give you an idea of just what the relationship is between these three essential controls. Once you understand it, you are on your way to creative photography.

SimCam

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
What a great way to be able to 'explore' and experiment with camera settings. Thanks for sharing Quad, maybe (at long last.) I'll finally be able to make sense of f-stops. :thumb::thumb:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Must have a close look at this later today. Painting to be done this morning.

So many settings on my camera that are never used. :blush:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
What a great way to be able to 'explore' and experiment with camera settings. Thanks for sharing Quad, maybe (at long last.) I'll finally be able to make sense of f-stops. :thumb::thumb:

Yup great find Quad. I always thought f-stops were to do with Formual 1 racing cars. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Glad all of you found that useful, it sure is a very useful site when it comes to understanding these controls, the visual presentation is the icing on the cake. When I started out in the early 70's we did not have the computer, besides the cameras were not as automated, we had to use our imagination and rely on our practice for results in order to get the hang of it.

I have some more very useful links which I will be posting soon that will come in handy for anyone who wants to learn the art and science of photography.

TaffyCat:

It's high time you got up from that armchair of yours and start doing some photography, I am always there as well as others on this site to not just help you but anyone who is inclined towards it. :thumb:

Wishing all happy shooting! :D:cheers::D

Ask a Question