    --
    The biggest company got there by stealing the smaller software's ideas and
    calling them original.

    frustr8edw/microsoft, May 5, 2008

  2. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Aaron Guest

    I am having this same issue it makes me want to scream.

    Aaron, May 8, 2008

  3. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Guest Guest

    Some email servers insist that you enter your username with no spaces
    and no CAPITAL LETTERS. Some insist that you follow it with the
    part of your email address starting with @, and some insist that you
    don't. Many insist that you use CAPITAL and lowercase letters in
    the correct places in your password. Many give unclear error messages
    about what the problems are if you don't follow these rules.

    Guest, May 8, 2008
  4. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Aaron Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    I don't think it is how my email and password is formatted. When I initially
    start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... everything
    is dandy. After about 5 mins of leaving it open, a dialog pops up telling me
    my credentials are wrong. If I wait for a wile before hitting ok, then cancel
    (two separate dialogs)it will go away and let me do more email for a while...

    Aaron, May 9, 2008
  5. Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    When you click on cancel, does it show an error message? If so,
    post the complete error message.

    Also, which antivirus are you running?

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 9, 2008
  6. Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    I'm running the new avg free edition, either way though, same issue when I
    was running mcafee. The problem isn't in how I enter my username or password
    as I keep them saved and they work at first. The problem is somewhere in
    windows mail. It starts with " Your Imap server wishes to alert you to the
    following invalid credentials (failure)". You click the ok on that and up
    pops the new message "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that
    the user name and password is correct". So then you re enter the credentials
    and the fun starts all over again and over again and over again and over
    again. The only way that I've found to stop it is to close out of windows
    mail and restart it at which point it works fine, downloads my mail just
    fine, deletes it, everything...... until I'm on it too long and the fun
    starts again.

    frustr8edw/microsoft, May 13, 2008
  7. Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
    here. There are diagnostic codes in there that we need to see.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 15, 2008
  8. frustr8edw/microsoft

    powerbumbler Guest

    I am also having the same exact issue. Coincidence that it's occurring so
    suddenly to multiple people where I could find no mention of it previously?

    The account I'm having the error on is one of two Gmail accounts (out of
    four total accounts in use.

    Here's my exact error message track:

    1) "Your IMAP server wishes to alert you to the following: Invalid
    Credentials (failure)"
    2) "The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your username
    and password are correct. "
    3) Windows Security login dialog: "Logon to Gmail powerbumbler"
    4) Repeat 'Ad Nauseum'

    It works fine until it doesn't.....

    powerbumbler, May 15, 2008
  9. frustr8edw/microsoft

    powerbumbler Guest

    RE: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    I should have added that there is no 'error code'. Windows Mail appears to
    think it's working just fine and that the mail server it's talking to is
    being picky.

    powerbumbler, May 15, 2008
  10. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Guest Guest

    "Silver Kit" <> wrote in message

    > Definately no 'error' message, other than the one listed in the rest of
    > the thread. It doesn't give any indication why suddenly it doesn't
    > like the authentication details, but press send and receive again two
    > minutes later and it will send just fine!?!
    >

    > --
    > Silver Kit
    > Silver Kit's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=49286
    > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=962403
    >
    > http://forums.techarena.in

    Most of the frequent responders in this newsgroup use a method of reading
    the messages that often has problems with going back to see previous
    messages
    in each thread. Therefore, you're likely to get more and better responses
    if
    you quote the previous messages in the thread.

    Guest, May 16, 2008
  11. Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    My problem seems the same... error code 800cccd1 - thanks for your help!

    Jennifer Dewey

    Jennifer Dewey, May 23, 2008
  12. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Guest Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    We're likely to need the entire error message, not just the error number.
    Right
    click on the error message and copy all of it to your next message.

    Guest, May 23, 2008
  13. Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    As it says in the response you quoted:
    Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply
    here. That means we need to see the complete error message.
    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 23, 2008
  14. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Bobby Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    Look, you can look it up in Windows Help in Vista.
    I learned how to look up the error numbers a long time.
    Sometimes, you need to reboot a few times, then try again
    After a few reboots, it will be ok.

    Bobby, May 23, 2008
  15. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Guest Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    For many errors, that doesn't give us enough information to
    recommend a suitable fix for the problem.

    Guest, May 23, 2008
  16. Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    Many problems are too complicated to be resolved by
    consulting Windows Help. A search using Google is often more
    productive. If that fails, users should feel free to consult the
    responders here who are donating their time and expertise.

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP

    Gary VanderMolen, May 23, 2008
  17. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Jo Guest

    Help how did you guys fix your gmail? I cant work it out its doing my head in.
    Ta

    Jo, May 31, 2008
  18. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Mark Buford Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    Did anyone find the answer to this problem? I just started trying to use
    Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue
    that is described in this message string.

    Mark Buford

    Mark Buford, Jun 9, 2008
  19. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Dave Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    What's the complete error message?

    --
    Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

    Dave, Jun 9, 2008
  20. frustr8edw/microsoft

    Guest Guest

    Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your us

    We need to see the complete error message for you, too, not just a
    summary of it or just the error number.

    Guest, Jun 9, 2008