The PCReview 'Show Us Your Desktop Background' Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ye sometimes, mostly use or edited existing code tbh. :)

Reaction score
V_R said:
Ye sometimes, mostly use or edited existing code tbh. :)

That's what I was thinking of doing. Find something decent, then just play around with the code to suite my needs or likes. LOL let somebody else do all the hard work of writing the code first...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

Not fab by any means as I need to clear up the icons on the left. This is running on me Mandy pc.
nod.gif

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzz2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 337

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My three are just the same as they've been for the last several years.

I just realised I have the last four major Microsft OS's on my 4 machines - Win 98; XP Pro; Vista and Win 7.

Oh, and the Win 98 machine has the American McGhee's Alice game picture as a desktop.

Plus two of those machines have swappable caddies with Linux Distros on- that's too many desktops amigos :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
My three are just the same as they've been for the last several years.

I just realised I have the last four major Microsft OS's on my 4 machines - Win 98; XP Pro; Vista and Win 7.

Oh, and the Win 98 machine has the American McGhee's Alice game picture as a desktop.

Plus two of those machines have swappable caddies with Linux Distros on- that's too many desktops amigos :D

I'm tempted to say that you are playing with a full deck of cards there flops
nod.gif
but maybe I'll just think it intsead
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Folks....cos some of ye are messing about with code i thought i' d throw this your way....its a FF add on

"With Firebug, you can quickly examine, check and even edit code from the web page."

http://www.v3.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/2236044/firebug-firefox

I think a fare few would have it already C'Zed. The coding that is been spoken abouut in this thread is slightly different in a way to using Firebug for editing a site, although with firebug you would also be editing CSS ( Cascading Style Sheets ) HAve you ever been on Myspace ? THere they allow you to use CSS to manipulate the Myspace profile to the way you want it.. NOw the coding that me and V_R were mentioning is also CSS and does the same thing. It allows us to manipulate Fire Fox the way we want it. THe joys of Open Source...

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
I think a fare few would have it already C'Zed. The coding that is been spoken abouut in this thread is slightly different in a way to using Firebug for editing a site, although with firebug you would also be editing CSS ( Cascading Style Sheets ) HAve you ever been on Myspace ? THere they allow you to use CSS to manipulate the Myspace profile to the way you want it.. NOw the coding that me and V_R were mentioning is also CSS and does the same thing. It allows us to manipulate Fire Fox the way we want it. THe joys of Open Source...

Cool....i was just watching out for ya's lol.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

Me Mandy latest. Showing Daisy toolbar and bubble for CPU and Ram usage in top pick. Monkey pic in frame changes for random pic from folder.
Shame this Mandy has to die as I was enjoying playing with it and all of its free cool features.

nod.gif

Did you spot me pet cat. :D

Also missing a clock which I usually have around. Been trying out some as there are plenty of choices and must have forgot to put one back on the desktop. Still me screensaver is a giant analogue clock so if I nod of I always know the time when I wake up.
laughingsmiley.gif

Been trying out the many weather plasmoids and left two on the desk as I'm worried about flooding
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 536
  • snapshot2.jpg
    snapshot2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 568
Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Some interesting stuff in this thread :)

I haven't changed my desktops in a long time, once I like something I tend to keep it. All of mine have been published on this forum previously but here's all four Windows desktops gathered together in one place:

Main computer (one listed in sig) Shinybeast, Windows 7 Home Premium:

attachment.php

Secondary computer, Andromeda, Windows XP Premium:

attachment.php

Media machine, Win Vista Home Premium:

attachment.php

Atares, messing about machine, showing Win 98:

attachment.php

Attachments

• AndromedaDesktop.jpg
    AndromedaDesktop.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,101
  • Shinybeast Desktop.jpg
    Shinybeast Desktop.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,451
  • PerseusDesktop.jpg
    PerseusDesktop.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,599
  • AtaresDesktop.jpg
    AtaresDesktop.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,553

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New wall, windows theme and Start Orb! :)

2hdpi74.jpg

Reaction score
Very nice..I added the themes and pathc you linked to, got thems goingbut can't get the icons working..Need to uninstall it and try again I think..

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I aint bothered with custom icons yet, maybe anther day i honestly cba atm. lol

Reaction score
V_R said:
I aint bothered with custom icons yet, maybe anther day i honestly cba atm. lol

I'm in that frame of mind to. Just tried it to see, i'm doing an hard drive upgrade next week so a fresh install is going to happen anyway. If I can decide on what drives to get...

Ask a Question