The PC Review Speedtest Speedwave

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I think I will wait anoter 2 weeks until TalkTalk come install my fibre optics :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All done and it looks like I've won 3 awards so far on the list... Loser, Sad Panda and Snail Mail :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
All done and it looks like I've won 3 awards so far on the list... Loser, Sad Panda and Snail Mail :lol:

Sorry Ian, but I've just nicked 'em from you, lol, so your score is looking decidedly better!! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Whos not done this? I thought (assumed) we must have some 50Mb (or even the new 100Mb) Virgin Media Subscribers here?

Also, who is Catmeatchunks?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Whos not done this? I thought (assumed) we must have some 50Mb (or even the new 100Mb) Virgin Media Subscribers here?

Also, who is Catmeatchunks?

I have done it. Although waiting for Talktalk to deliver new router and come and setup fibre optics. Catmeatchunks would more than likely be Taffycat :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I created an account, joined V_R's test page thingie then done a test which it told me would become part of that page. Hasn't shown though :confused:

I created account as floppybootstomp.

Download speed was 10.87, upload 0.98 and ping 25ms.

And that's ADSL 2+. Not good really, I was told I'd get between 12 and 14 d/l speed, Zen say my local exchange is at fault as that's the best the exchange can do. I tend to believe them, Greenwich has always been a problematic exchange with, apparently, archaic equipment.

Anyhow, tried again but still not on 'home page'. Same figures in test but it's on my own results page as 9.25 download speed this time :confused:

I give up.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I created an account, joined V_R's test page thingie then done a test which it told me would become part of that page. Hasn't shown though :confused:

I created account as floppybootstomp.

Download speed was 10.87, upload 0.98 and ping 25ms.

And that's ADSL 2+. Not good really, I was told I'd get between 12 and 14 d/l speed, Zen say my local exchange is at fault as that's the best the exchange can do. I tend to believe them, Greenwich has always been a problematic exchange with, apparently, archaic equipment.

Anyhow, tried again but still not on 'home page'. Same figures in test but it's on my own results page as 9.25 download speed this time :confused:

I give up.

I'm listed now. Must just take a while to be processed.

That speed test shows 10.9 d/l yet my router control panel lists d/l speed as 12. I suppose the difference is due to the test bouncing a signal 50 miles or so. But I don't really know.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
V_R said:
Nah TC Is, i assume, TaffyPCR.;)

Yes, that's me... but thoughts of Catmeatchunks set my whiskers a-quiver :drool:lol.

Isn't Crazylegs with Virgin? Is it you, CL? :D

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Oops... should have registered first. Oh well, call me Mr. DNA. Or contestant #322079550. Or Blithering Idiot.

The concept needs some fine tuning, methinks... like separate entries for fixed and mobile connections.

Here's my mobile (with a crappy Nokia CS-17 modem... once I get a decent HSPA+ dongle, download speed will be around 15 Mb/s).

1431929595.png

Ask a Question