    outlook 2002:
    "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    If the problem persists, restart outlook".

    royamergit, Mar 6, 2004

  2. royamergit

    deskadmin Guest

    royamergit wrote:
    > *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
    > I get the following error when trying to print from
    > outlook 2002:
    > "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    > If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

    Roy,

    Not sure if you resolved this but this noramlly only happens when yo
    don't have enough privlages to print.

    -DeskAdmi

    -
    deskadmi

    deskadmin, Aug 19, 2004

  3. royamergit

    SweeneyT Guest

    royamergit wrote:
    > *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
    > I get the following error when trying to print from
    > outlook 2002:
    > "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    > If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

    Here is what worked for me.
    Printing Without TaskPad Information
    Follow these steps to deselect the TaskPad option when printing th
    Daily Style:
    1. Open the shared calendar.
    2. On the Outlook File menu, click Print.
    3. Under Print Style, click to select Daily Style and click Page Setup

    4. Click TaskPad to deselect it.
    5. Click OK and OK to close and print

    -
    Sweeney

    SweeneyT, Nov 30, 2004
  4. royamergit

    Dimarc67 Guest

    Confirmed that this took care of it for me. Makes sense, too.

    In my case, the calendar in question has its permissions set to allo
    access by another user (who was getting the error). Since the 2nd use
    doesn't have permissions to the primary user's Tasks folder, the erro
    is generated. Unchecking TaskPad in Page Setup eliminates the issue.

    Excellent work. Thanks.

    David Marcus, MCSE, '0

    -
    Dimarc6

    Dimarc67, Dec 10, 2004
  5. royamergit

    ssmsayed Guest

    I'm unable to delete any email from outbox.
    I get the following error when trying to print from
    outlook 2002:
    "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    If the problem persists, restart outlook".

    Samir Sayed

    --
    ssmsayed

    ssmsayed, Oct 10, 2005
  6. royamergit

    ssmsayed Guest

    ssmsayed wrote:
    > *I'm unable to delete any email from outbox.
    > I get the following error when trying to print from
    > outlook 2002:
    > "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    > If the problem persists, restart outlook".
    >

    > Samir Sayed

    -
    ssmsaye

    ssmsayed, Oct 10, 2005
  7. royamergit

    dirks Guest

    royamergit wrote:
    > *I'm unable to print anything from outlook.
    > I get the following error when trying to print from
    > outlook 2002:
    > "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
    > If the problem persists, restart outlook". *

    Related info at the following link - hope this helps:

    http://www.computing.net/office/wwwboard/forum/3716.html

    --
    dirks

    dirks, Feb 17, 2006
  8. royamergit

    elango

    Joined:
    May 5, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dear all

    I have Win XP I have used Outlook XP Profetional software

    there is no problems in sending mail and recieving.

    But I try to made a Calendar entry in a time slot and when I moved the pointer to another time slot, the first entry disappeared and a window popped up with:

    "Could not save item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

    I've restarted OL. I've rebooted. I've tried re installing OL. Nothing has worked.

    My email, contacts, notes, etc. all work ok. The problem is just in the calendar.

    If anyone have any suggestions or solutions i will appreciate to him.

    Regards
    Elango K

    elango, May 5, 2006
  9. royamergit

    sagaci0us

    Joined:
    May 10, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0

    "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error."

    Here are the steps I used to fix my problem. (ended up being a problem with the Google Toolbar)

    I also ran into this problem and while the steps provided above did not help me, I was able to resolve the problem:

    It turned out to be the google toolbar. Removing this add-in and com add-in fixed the problem.

    In Outlook 2003:

    Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options.

    Click Addin Manager button. Remove any reference to Google desktop. (or any other addin not native to Outlook) Click ok.

    Do the same for the Com-Add-ins button.

    I am now able to view my address book when clicking the To button in a new outlook message.

    sagaci0us, May 10, 2007
  10. royamergit

    SkiboTechnologies

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    messaging interface has returned an unknowen error

    Close Outlook
    Control Panel
    Mail
    Show Profiles
    Add New Profile
    Use the new profile
    Open outlook
    You will need to recreate your signatures but everything else should sync from the server

    SkiboTechnologies, Aug 27, 2007
  11. royamergit

    tommy turtle

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Create a new outlook profile

    This helped me!!
    Thank you

    tommy turtle, Sep 29, 2010
  12. royamergit

    alliishajohn

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hii

    you may be getting this error when the PST file sin Outlook has been corrupted because of any reasons like unexpected system shutdown, oversized PST files etc. In this case you need to use scan pst utility to repair corrupted PST files. It may solve the issue.

    alliishajohn, Jan 14, 2012