The Matrix: Device that helps in reducing power consumption of a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am much intrested and passionate about Green Technology. My vision is to "reduce power consumption" As you know Computer's while in operation releases enourmous amount of CO2 as well as consumes alot of power which is damaging the planet earth. I am working on project called as "The matrix" Its a device which can put your computer onto sleep mode and continues to perform the normal operation. As you know your computer will pause all the operations on sleep mode. The Matrix will alow all the operations to perform even in sleep mode. By doing this we are saving most of the power. I want some honest opinions about this idea people. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be interested in how you'd go about doing this ;).

Reaction score
Let me just brief you about sleep mode. In sleep mode all your networks will go down Like, The computer wont allow any remote login's nor download any file or update your system on sleep mode. So, my device "the matrix" is capable of doing all these things when the computer is in sleep mode. I am gonna play with embedded technologies. We have a technology called as gumstix technology. The gumstix is a chip where in it holds a Processor, Inbuilt RAM, And some SD storage. So, i am gonna bring in this technology into act. "The matrix" iss like one mini CPU we can say. When ever the computer goes of to sleep mode. "The matrix" will get automatically turned on in sleep mode. So, the point is, The matrix allows remote logins, Downloads, Window updates etc in sleep mode.. We can take an example of an IT organization where employe's leave their office computer to be turned on 24 hrs because they need remote access to their office computer when they operate from home. By leaving the office computer to run for 24hrs it's wasting more power.!where in if you put that computer to sleep mode it can save upto 70% power consumption.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Let's hope it works. :)

You could become a millionaire. ;)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Let me just brief you about sleep mode. In sleep mode all your networks will go down Like, The computer wont allow any remote login's nor download any file or update your system on sleep mode. So, my device "the matrix" is capable of doing all these things.

It would appear that the nice people at Microsoft have already beaten you to this :thumb:

READ THIS

Reaction score
It would appear that the nice people at Microsoft have already beaten you to this :thumb:

READ THIS

Haha. Yup!Wake on Lan just suits my idea but not completely. Let me explain you. In WOL the one disadvantage is that is the computer will resume from sleep mode once any remote login request comes in. Which is not correct. If the computer wakes up on any signal then from where we can save power??so, "the matrix" puts the computer completly to sleep. Even though when a remote login request comes in the computer will continue to be in sleep.. :) So, Microsoft's WoL has some flaws according to me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
free advertisment over ... please peddle elsewhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question