    explain this to me in very,very simple terms. thanks.
    --
    barbie n

    barbie n, Jan 2, 2009

  2. barbie n

    barbie n Guest

    thanks for the advice but it did't work. any other suggestions?
    --
    barbie n

    barbie n, Jan 2, 2009

  3. How do you normally send emails? Who is the email service provider?

    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

    Gary VanderMolen, Jan 2, 2009
  4. barbie n

    barbie n Guest

    --
    barbie n

    barbie n, Jan 4, 2009
  5. Either set up a new account or correct the settings in your existing mail account
    in Windows Mail such that the settings agree with:

    http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288

    If after making those changes you still get an error message,
    right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

    Gary VanderMolen, Jan 4, 2009
  6. barbie n

    barbie n Guest

    Gary-unable to get to--
    the account. worried I would loose all my email abilities. This is the
    message.
    barbie n

    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
    server name correctly.
    Subject 'Contract Nurses', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
    Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

    barbie n, Jan 8, 2009
  7. barbie n

    barbie n Guest

    The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
    server name correctly.
    Subject 'Contract Nurses', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
    Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    --I CAN'T GET THE SECOND PART TO COME THROUGH. IT IS ABOUT THE SAME BUT NIT
    STATES IT CAN'T FIND THE HOST IMAP.
    barbie n

    barbie n, Jan 8, 2009
  8. "SMTP" is not a valid name for your mail server.
    You must obtain the correct server names from your mail provider.
    If that is Comcast, see

    Gary VanderMolen, Jan 8, 2009