    POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
    0x800CCC0D
    can someone help me fix this problem

    jdelaney, Dec 5, 2007

  2. The server names are incorrect. They should be something like
    "(servername).(yourISP).com" (E.G. "SMTP.Cox.com"). Check with your ISP
    for the correct names for their SMTP and POP servers.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
    Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "jdelaney" <> wrote in message
    > when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
    > error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify
    > that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
    > 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,

    Error
    > Number: 0x800CCC0D
    > (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have
    > entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3',

    Protocol:

    Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I], Dec 5, 2007

  3. jdelaney <> wrote:

    > when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get
    > this error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found.
    > Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
    > Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
    > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    > (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
    > have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
    > 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
    > 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
    > can someone help me fix this problem

    Ask your ISP for the correct names of the servers
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Dec 5, 2007
  4. jdelaney

    gan Guest

    I have the SAME problem with MCHSI.com - The server names are correct. This
    worked fine for me until installing Outlook 2007 and have been unable to get
    connection after that.

    gan, Dec 6, 2007
  5. gan <> wrote:

    > I have the SAME problem with MCHSI.com - The server names are
    > correct. This worked fine for me until installing Outlook 2007 and
    > have been unable to get connection after that.

    Please start your own thread and give as detailed a description of the
    problem as you can, including the exact text of any error messages. Also
    state what the support staff at mchsi.com told you.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman, Dec 6, 2007
  6. jdelaney

    wee Guest

    how do you figure out the names from your ISP?

    wee, Mar 20, 2008
  7. jdelaney

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    By contacting them or read their documentation.

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/

    http://www.msoutlook.info/

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Mar 20, 2008
  8. jdelaney

    dmgain Guest

    dmgain, Sep 24, 2008
  9. Double check your e-mail account settings in Outlook Express to ensure they
    have the right server names for POP3 and SMTP.

    neo [mvp outlook], Sep 25, 2008
  10. jdelaney

    Peter Foldes Guest

    What is the pop3 and smtp as was given by your ISP???

    I do not seem to see it in your error messages and also you should post this to the Outlook Express newsgroup and not here to the Outlook newsgroup which is a part of Office

    OE newsgroup

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...px?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general

    --
    Peter