The Future of PCR + WCG

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just pondering here, and as i'm partially bored i'd thought i'd ask if we have found the right Crunching Project now.

We've currently been through the gates of;
  • Find A Drug
  • Folding @ Home
  • World Community Grid
Just wondering if people share the view that we've found the right home with 'World Community Grid', as we have moved about quite a bit in the past few weeks.

What are your views, are you happy at WCG, do you think it'll last, will PCR stay at WCG etc...

Main reason for this is because i'm planning a part of my website to be on our team + wcg, and if we jump ship again then it'll be pointless for me to make the page on WCG.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I quite like it :) I'd be interested to hear what the others think!

Reaction score
Yeah i think WCG is brilliant, but just don't want to start designing a part of my website for us to suddenly jump ship again :p

But yeah it all seems good so far, and i've made a good comeback to the team, got something like 3,200 points or something it now says in 'My Grid' on their website.

Just need to wait for the stats update now ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Phew, had me worried there ...

Nope, I won't be going anywhere ... WCG has some good work coming up including some Cancer stuff later next year.

Now, we had no control over Find-a-Drug, they closed shop, not our fault and we would still be there now. :(

F@H was ok, but I, err, personally, was not happy with the 'staff' there ... :rolleyes:

I stay where I am ... I'm putting as much effort into it as I can. ;)

Reaction score
Yeah WCG has a professional touch to it's software that i like, and also the WCG forums seem very helpful and straight to the point.

The only thing i dislike at the moment about WCG is the Team Stats update once a day, at 00:00 UTC (Midnight) which i'd personally like to be more frequent, every 3 or so hours etc.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I like it, WCG does good work with good projects and the softwares easy and simple to set up.
I'm staying for the long haul...:thumb:

Reaction score
Indeed, i probably will design a bit of a site for WCG then ;)

Just waiting for some lazy datacentre technicians to turn my webserver back on, it overheated or something because of WCG so my mate won't be too happy...

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't think you need worry too much about us Patty, mind you I am thinking of wheeling out my Sinclair ZX Spectrum ;)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
I am thinking of wheeling out my Sinclair ZX Spectrum ;)
If you want some real hardcore power, I think I have a ZX81 knocking around here somewhere. It's a proper workhorse because it's got a full 16K card in the back!:thumb:

I bet that will scare those heavy duty guys with racks of servers!:D

No seriously, I'm getting to grips with the WCG system and I'm happy to stay where I am. As I've said all along, I thinks its nice for us to stay as a team as it gives us a bit of in-house competition as well:)

In case anyone's interested, I'm gonna be away for the next week but the good news is the servers will still be running (hopefully!) so I expect some good results on both WCG and F@H when I get back next weekend!;)

Have a good week guys and galls, catch up with you all soon.

CI :p

Ask a Question