The future - DNA Computers

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this amazing article which describes What a DNA computer is. A very interesting read indeed!
nod.gif

You won't believe where scientists have found the new material they need to build the next generation of microprocessors. Millions of natural supercomputers exist inside living organisms, including your body. DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) molecules, the material our genes are made of, have the potential to perform calculations many times faster than the world's most powerful human-built computers. DNA might one day be integrated into a computer chip to create a so-called biochip that will push computers even faster. DNA molecules have already been harnessed to perform complex mathematical problems.

One pound of DNA has the capacity to store more information than all the electronic computers ever built; and the computing power of a teardrop-sized DNA computer, using the DNA logic gates, will be more powerful than the world's most powerful supercomputer. More than 10 trillion DNA molecules can fit into an area no larger than 1 cubic centimeter (0.06 cubic inches).

How DNA Computers will work

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Rush said:
Now you know how unique and fantastic i am ;)

There is no denying that!
bowdown.gif

Anyone wanting to challenge Rush's claim may please step forward and identify themselves:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
There is no denying that!
bowdown.gif

Anyone wanting to challenge Rush's claim may please step forward and identify themselves:)
laughingsmiley.gif

EVERBODY is unique ... not too sure about the other bit. :D

Ask a Question