The Fallout 4 Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Friend of mine is addicted to this already, says its great.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I died for the first time last night, stray mongrel pooch got me, was trying to kill it with a shotgun - mistake.

I'd agree with Ian about the Esc/Tab keys issue, it is a little confusing and I'm still pressing Escape instead of Tab occasionally.

atm I'm trying to clear Concord of hostiles, I've killed the big so-and-so but so far haven't found any remaining. And my Power Armour fusion core has almost expired so I've parked it up in Commonwealth.

btw, I couldn't figure out how to exit Power Armour, it's not in the key settings and there's no online manual but eventually figured you have to hold down the 'E' key (default key settings).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Some great tips on that page @V_R - there are a good number of things I've found out how to do in this game by Googling and reading articles like that! Perhaps some things are explained later on in the game, but a good few things have been a little more confusing than I expected.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've read a fair few articles online myself and many people agree that this game can be confusing. As I mentioned there is no manual so it's up to the player to find out just how to do everything.

I've been wandering around and have carried out a few side quests and am currently at level five but I still haven't made a settlement and don't really know how to and I still don't know how to charge a fusion core for the armour suit.

My inventory lists 19 fusion cores, I found them in what I think is a sewer, but I don't know if they're charged or not but I can't load them into the armour suit so I guess not. I also haven't been able to craft anything yet.

My quest still lists 'kill all hostiles in Concord' but I've wandered around forever and can't find any hostiles, I'm wondering if I need an active armour suit for them to show?

And I only just realised the perk chart has more than just the top row - doh. I'd been adding all my perk points to just that top row so now they're all strong but all the perks below don't have a single point to their name - oops.

Still, I'm enjoying it, the world seems to be vast so it's lottsa fun just wandering around and collecting stuff.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"Still, I'm enjoying it, the world seems to be vast so it's lottsa fun just wandering around and collecting stuff."

Bit like real life then :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
And I only just realised the perk chart has more than just the top row - doh. I'd been adding all my perk points to just that top row so now they're all strong but all the perks below don't have a single point to their name - oops.

Glad I'm not the only one!! :lol:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Anyone discovered the robot race at Easy City Downs? I wish there was a way to enter Codsworth :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I've come back to abit of PC gaming because of Fallout 4!

I was going to get is on a console but decided to play it properly ;).

It's pretty good to be fair, though maybe due to nostalgia I prefer Fallout 3.

Managed to buy a ridiculous gun from a vendor just roaming around, its a .45 machine gun which rounds set on fire upon impact so literally it kills super mutants or anything within seconds!

Enjoying the power armor, especially now I'm getting in with the Brotherhood and they've gave me a T-60 super powerful beast of an armor, its crazy good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Great to see you again @Reefsmoka :D

It's pretty good to be fair, though maybe due to nostalgia I prefer Fallout 3.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat - I have such fond memories of Fallout 3 that I was really excited about this game, but I actually prefer playing MGS:V at the moment. Still very good though!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Good to see you back @Reefsmoka!

Glad to hear you're enjoying Fallout 4. I think the more I play it the more I like it, took me a while to get into it though. With the other Fallout games they caught my attention straight away, but it took longer with this one. Perhaps because of all the hype!

In other news, I discovered the other day that if you cook the meat you collect from creatures you have killed, it makes it far more restorative and removes the radiation. In fact there are some dishes which actually reduce your radiation poisoning when you eat them :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Good grief it's the Cookie Monster! :eek: Long time no see.

I'm enjoying this game but I must admit to having trouble understanding how to do some things. I'm at level seven but still haven't managed to make a settlement or craft anything.

I've done a bit of searching and reading and general concensus seems to be to gain lots of charisma before attempting to make a settlement. Which basically means exploring, killing, levelling up and gaining perks.

I had a power suit but since the fusion cell expired and I can't seem to power it up again. Can't find hostiles to kill to complete one part of the game., it's a bit frustrating tbh. The exploration is good and good tip about cooking irradiated meat Becky.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I had to change the difficulty setting to easy from normal/medium from around level 8 to 15. Not because i found it too hard but was running out of ammo constantly. Now i've got money and good vendors to use i just explore, find loot, sell and buy ammo!

I had a fight with this big ugly thing called swan, o dear he was tough, rinsed my ammo.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I had a fight with this big ugly thing called swan, o dear he was tough, rinsed my ammo.

I haven't encountered that one yet - something to look forward to! I had a run in with a Mirelurk Queen which was rather tricky, although thankfully I was wearing my power armour :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I had to change the difficulty setting to easy from normal/medium from around level 8 to 15. Not because i found it too hard but was running out of ammo constantly. Now i've got money and good vendors to use i just explore, find loot, sell and buy ammo!

Furious Power Fist

This special ability can be used as a melee weapon, which can be unlocked during a boss fight at Swan's Pond. You will need to defeat the Swan, who is a giant super-mutant found at this location.

You can build a custom puncture weapon with the Furious Power First to get the damage stats of 62 and weapon speed of medium. The only downside is this weapon cannot be used with the power armour.

:cool:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Starting to get abit bored of fallout 4 already! My main quests seemed to have dried up and im just doing silly "clear out this area" or "find this item for me". I dont know if i've done something wrong or what but when i go to my main quest then go to show on map it shows nothing :-(.

Adventuring is fun, you find some very difficult areas. I found one village/town overrun with raiders and 3 of them had power armor on! Also found a very funny robot race which went nasty and they all ended up chasing me!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Have you encountered the Brotherhood of Steel yet?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yeah, i've joined them and got an incredible power armor off them. Also where ever i wonder i tend to bump into them fighting off hordes of mutants. I sometimes just stand back and watch waiting for a brotherhood soldier to fall to nick his armor, got like 6 full power armors now :blush:

Edit: i think im level 32 now with an huge arsenal and good armor i just run head on into battle.

Theres a mission you get to visit the witch museum, you have to fight a deathclaw in a tight space but i just kept popping out a door throwing a grenade and run back in! Took ages but he would of mullered me.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well completed it earlier. To be fair I got rather bored and rushed the last half of the game. The charm wore off quite quick. Its brought not much more to the table than Fallout 3.

The graphics engine is poor/old/dated, sound is not fantastic and the whole game is quite buggy overall.

The story is "been there, done that" and the guns are very hit and miss.

I am glad I played/completed it. I am an avid Fallout fanboy.

I got all 20 bobbleheads, the special guns, special armor and done what seemed like hundred of "filler" missions to level to 50.

Ask a Question