The best internet search engine?

Reaction score
After my experience with the devils messenger namely Yahoo and getting rid of it as it was bundled with software I purchased, what are the best search engines and why. For example I use Chrome but it does seem to put a lot of cookies (spying & tracking) on the PC when one searches. So I wondered what others peoples opinions were. :cheers:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
After my experience with the devils messenger namely Yahoo and getting rid of it as it was bundled with software I purchased, what are the best search engines and why. For example I use Chrome but it does seem to put a lot of cookies (spying & tracking) on the PC when one searches. So I wondered what others peoples opinions were. :cheers:

Chrome is your browser, the likes of Google, Bing, Yahoo, those are the search engines :)

I use Google becauseit does what I want it to
:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm generally happy with Google, haven't found anything to better it so far.

I might just try this Chrome browser, I reckon they've been around long enough to have sorted the bugs and I genuinely do not like IE9. I've tried to like IE9 but it is unintuitive, to say the least, much prefer IE8.

So, let's try Chrome, I just hope it uninstalls cleanly if I don't like it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
aye ... Chrome is the Tinternet Browser, and you will find it can use any of the 'search engines' out there. It does like to use Google as the default, fine by me.

I've used Chrome since Beta, I like it.

Google is fine for searching for stuff, usually spot on first time. :)

:user:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Have used Chrome since it came out and is very fast and not bloated like others, however my choice of browser remains Firefox as it has all the bells and whistles that I need for various things, especially browser bookmarks and some useful add-ons.

Google is the choice of search engines, never needed anything else. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
GOOGLE. :thumb:

Used to use Yahoo years ago but much prefer Google.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I too, am another Google fan :thumb: I've never really liked any of the others.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Another vote for Google from me. Bing seems much better than it used to be, but I still prefer Google overall :)

Ask a Question